Wilcoxon-signed rank test for associated sequences
Let X1,...,Xn be stationary associated random variables with one dimensional marginal distribution function F. We study the properties of the classical sign statistic and the Wilcoxon-signed rank statistic for testing for shift in location in the above set up. In the process, we extend the Newman's inequality to functions of bounded variation which are mixtures of absolutely continuous component and discrete component only.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 71 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cuadras, C. M., 2002. "On the Covariance between Functions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 19-27, April.
- Isha Dewan & B. Rao, 2003. "Mann-Whitney test for associated sequences," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 111-119, March.
- Dewan, Isha & Prakasa Rao, B. L. S., 2002. "Central limit theorem for U-statistics of associated random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 9-15, March.
- Peligard, Magda & Suresh, Ram, 1995. "Estimation of variance of partial sums of an associated sequence of random variables," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 307-319, April.
- Bagai, Isha & Prakasa Rao, B. L. S., 1991. "Estimation of the survival function for stationary associated processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-391, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:71:y:2005:i:2:p:131-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.