Wilcoxon-signed rank test for associated sequences
Let X1,...,Xn be stationary associated random variables with one dimensional marginal distribution function F. We study the properties of the classical sign statistic and the Wilcoxon-signed rank statistic for testing for shift in location in the above set up. In the process, we extend the Newman's inequality to functions of bounded variation which are mixtures of absolutely continuous component and discrete component only.
Volume (Year): 71 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dewan, Isha & Prakasa Rao, B. L. S., 2002. "Central limit theorem for U-statistics of associated random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 9-15, March.
- Cuadras, C. M., 2002. "On the Covariance between Functions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 19-27, April.
- Isha Dewan & B. Rao, 2003. "Mann-Whitney test for associated sequences," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 111-119, March.
- Bagai, Isha & Prakasa Rao, B. L. S., 1991. "Estimation of the survival function for stationary associated processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-391, November.
- Peligard, Magda & Suresh, Ram, 1995. "Estimation of variance of partial sums of an associated sequence of random variables," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 307-319, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:71:y:2005:i:2:p:131-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.