On the distribution of surplus immediately before ruin under interest force
In this paper, we consider a compound Poisson model with a constant interest force for an insurance portfolio. We investigate the distribution of surplus process immediately before ruin in particular. Equations satisfied by the distributions of surplus immediately before ruin and their Laplace transform have been obtained. Some special cases are also discussed and Lundberg-type bounds are presented.
Volume (Year): 55 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willmot, Gordon E. & Sheldon Lin, X., 1998. "Exact and approximate properties of the distribution of surplus before and after ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 91-110, October.
- Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lihong, 2001. "On the distribution of surplus immediately after ruin under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 247-255, October.
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1995. "Ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob, 1987. "On the Probability and Severity of Ruin," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 151-163, November.
- Dufresne, Francois & Gerber, Hans U., 1988. "The surpluses immediately before and at ruin, and the amount of the claim causing ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 193-199, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:55:y:2001:i:3:p:329-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.