Another interpretation of the EM algorithm for mixture distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilles Celeux & Gilda Soromenho, 1996. "An entropy criterion for assessing the number of clusters in a mixture model," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 13(2), pages 195-212, September.
- Koster, Paul R. & Koster, Hans R.A., 2015. "Commuters’ preferences for fast and reliable travel: A semi-parametric estimation approach," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 289-301.
- repec:jss:jstsof:v:076:i09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Koster & Hans Koster, 2013. "Commuters' Preferences for Fast and Reliable Travel," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-075/VIII, Tinbergen Institute, revised 30 Apr 2015.
- Nicolas Depraetere & Martina Vandebroek, 2014. "Order selection in finite mixtures of linear regressions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 871-911, August.
- repec:spr:compst:v:32:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00180-016-0655-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Di Zio, Marco & Guarnera, Ugo & Rocci, Roberto, 2007. "A mixture of mixture models for a classification problem: The unity measure error," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 2573-2585, February.
- Govaert, Gérard & Nadif, Mohamed, 2008. "Block clustering with Bernoulli mixture models: Comparison of different approaches," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3233-3245, February.
- Hunt, Lynette A. & Basford, Kaye E., 2016. "Comparing classical criteria for selecting intra-class correlated features in Multimix," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 350-366.
- Hu, Tianming & Sung, Sam Yuan, 2006. "A hybrid EM approach to spatial clustering," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1188-1205, March.
- Michael Salter-Townshend & Thomas Murphy, 2014. "Mixtures of biased sentiment analysers," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 8(1), pages 85-103, March.
More about this item
Keywords62F10 mixture distributions EM algorithm coordinate descent;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:4:y:1986:i:2:p:53-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.