Making genetics not so important: Family work in dealing with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wertz, Dorothy C., 1992. "Ethical and legal implications of the new genetics: Issues for discussion," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 495-505, August.
- Koch, Lene & Nordahl Svendsen, Mette, 2005. "Providing solutions-defining problems: the imperative of disease prevention in genetic counselling," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 823-832, February.
- Arribas-Ayllon, Michael & Sarangi, Srikant & Clarke, Angus, 2008. "Managing self-responsibility through other-oriented blame: Family accounts of genetic testing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1521-1532, April.
- Taylor, Sandra D., 2004. "Predictive genetic test decisions for Huntington's disease: context, appraisal and new moral imperatives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 137-149, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buchbinder, Mara & Timmermans, Stefan, 2011. "Newborn screening and maternal diagnosis: Rethinking family benefit," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(7), pages 1014-1018.
More about this item
KeywordsNew genetics Family work Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy Communication The Netherlands Genetic testing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:11:p:1752-1759. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .