Psychobiological mechanisms of socioeconomic differences in health
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klabbers, Gonnie & Bosma, Hans & Van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 2009. "The relative contributions of hostility and depressive symptoms to the income gradient in hospital-based incidence of ischaemic heart disease: 12-Year follow-up findings from the GLOBE study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1272-1280, October.
- Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine, 2013. "To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 164-172.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-01062282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hjelm, Lisa & Handa, Sudhanshu & de Hoop, Jacobus & Palermo, Tia, 2017. "Poverty and perceived stress: Evidence from two unconditional cash transfer programs in Zambia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 110-117.
- Vásquez-Vera, Hugo & Palència, Laia & Magna, Ingrid & Mena, Carlos & Neira, Jaime & Borrell, Carme, 2017. "The threat of home eviction and its effects on health through the equity lens: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 199-208.
- Gisselmann, Marit Dahlén, 2006. "The influence of maternal childhood and adulthood social class on the health of the infant," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 1023-1033, August.
- Chaves, Sônia Cristina Lima & Vieira-da-Silva, Lígia Maria, 2008. "Inequalities in oral health practices and social space: An exploratory qualitative study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 119-128, April.
- Nicod, Edouard & Stringhini, Silvia & Marques-Vidal, Pedro & Paccaud, Fred & Waeber , Gérard & Lamiraud, Karine & Vollenweider, Peter & Bochud, Muriel, 2014.
"Association of education and receiving social transfers with allostatic load in the Swiss population-based CoLaus study,"
ESSEC Working Papers
WP1412, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Edouard Nicod & Silvia Stringhini & Pedro Marques-Vidal & Fred Paccaud & Gérard Waeber & Karine Lamiraud & Peter Vollenweider & Muriel Bochud, 2014. "Association of education and receiving social transfers with allostatic load in the Swiss population-based CoLaus study," Working Papers hal-01062282, HAL.
- Bosma, H. & Van Jaarsveld, C. H. M. & Tuinstra, J. & Sanderman, R. & Ranchor, A. V. & Van Eijk, J. Th. M. & Kempen, G. I. J. M., 2005. "Low control beliefs, classical coronary risk factors, and socio-economic differences in heart disease in older persons," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 737-745, February.
- Johanna Lundberg & Margareta Kristenson, 2008. "Is Subjective Status Influenced by Psychosocial Factors?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 375-390, December.
- Patrick Hamm & David Stuckler & Lawrence King, 2006. "Mass Privatization and the Postcommunist Mortality Crisis," Working Papers wp118, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Koster, Annemarie & Bosma, Hans & van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Mackenbach, Johan P. & van Eijk, Jacques Th.M., 2005. "The role of psychosocial factors in explaining socio-economic differences in mobility decline in a chronically ill population: results from the GLOBE study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 123-132, July.
- Boyce, W. Thomas & Den Besten, Pamela K. & Stamperdahl, Juliet & Zhan, Ling & Jiang, Yebin & Adler, Nancy E. & Featherstone, John D., 2010. "Social inequalities in childhood dental caries: The convergent roles of stress, bacteria and disadvantage," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1644-1652, November.
- Zimmer, Zachary, 2008. "Poverty, wealth inequality and health among older adults in rural Cambodia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Olsen, Randall J., 2007. "Does the measure of economic disadvantage matter? Exploring the effect of individual and relative deprivation on intrauterine growth restriction," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 2016-2029, May.
- repec:kap:poprpr:v:36:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11113-017-9430-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zachary Zimmer & Heidi A. Hanson & Ken R. Smith, 2016. "Offspring Socioeconomic Status and Parent Mortality Within a Historical Population," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(5), pages 1583-1603, October.
- Goldman, Noreen & Turra, Cassio M. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis & Weir, David & Crimmins, Eileen, 2011. "Do biological measures mediate the relationship between education and health: A comparative study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 307-315, January.
More about this item
KeywordsInequalities in health Psychosocial effects Psychobiology Coping Stress Cortisol;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:58:y:2004:i:8:p:1511-1522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.