Estimating the employment and earnings costs of mental illness: recent developments in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnston, David W. & Schurer, Stefanie & Shields, Michael A., 2011.
"Evidence on the Long Shadow of Poor Mental Health across Three Generations,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6014, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David W. Johnston; & Stefanie Schurer; & Michael Shields;, 2012. "Evidence on the long shadow of poor mental health across three generations," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/20, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Jaime Ruiz-Tagle & Pablo Troncoso, 2018. "Labor Cost of Mental Health: Evidence from Chile," Working Papers wp468, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Bubonya, Melisa & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Wooden, Mark, 2017.
"Mental health and productivity at work: Does what you do matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 150-165.
- Melisa Bubonya & Deborah Cobb-Clark & Mark Wooden, 2016. "Mental Health and Productivity at Work: Does What You Do Matter?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2016n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Bubonya, Melisa & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Wooden, Mark, 2016. "Mental Health and Productivity at Work: Does What You Do Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 9879, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bubonya, Melisa & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Wooden, Mark, 2016. "Mental Health and Productivity at Work: Does What You Do Matter?," Working Papers 2016-07, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Marie-Josée J. Mangen & G. Ardine de Wit & Arie H. Havelaar, 2007. "Economic analysis of Campylobacter control in the dutch broiler meat chain," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 173-192.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegría & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2007.
"Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1069-1090.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2005. "Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study," NBER Working Papers 11893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp10-08-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Greve, Jane & Nielsen, Louise Herrup, 2013. "Useful beautiful minds—An analysis of the relationship between schizophrenia and employment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1066-1076.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp08-17-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Kristin Turney, 2008. "Parental Depression and Children's Developmental Outcomes: The Mediating Influence of Parenting Behavior," Working Papers 1129, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Ludwig, Jens & Marcotte, Dave E. & Norberg, Karen, 2009. "Anti-depressants and suicide," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 659-676, May.
- Young-Il Kim & Dongyoung Kim, 2016. "Mental Health Cost Of Terrorism: Study Of The Charlie Hebdo Attack In Paris," Working Papers 1613, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Farahati, F. & Marcotte, D. E. & Wilcox-Gok, V., 2003. "The effects of parents' psychiatric disorders on children's high school dropout," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 167-178, April.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp07-01-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Eisenberg Daniel & Golberstein Ezra & Hunt Justin B, 2009. "Mental Health and Academic Success in College," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-37, September.
- Juan Oliva & Félix Lobo & Julio López-Bastida & Néboa Zozaya & Rosa Romay, 2005. "Indirect costs of cervical and breast cancers in Spain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 6(4), pages 309-313, December.
- Julien O. Teitler & Nancy E. Reichman, 2007. "Mental Illness as a Barrier to Marriage Among Mothers With Out-of-Wedlock Births," Working Papers 907, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Kristin Turney, 2010. "Maternal Depression and Childhood Health Inequalities," Working Papers 1249, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Heflin, Colleen M. & Siefert, Kristine & Williams, David R., 2005. "Food insufficiency and women's mental health: Findings from a 3-year panel of welfare recipients," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 1971-1982, November.
- Juan Oliva-Moreno, 2012. "Loss of labour productivity caused by disease and health problems: what is the magnitude of its effect on Spain’s Economy?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(5), pages 605-614, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment Friction costs Human capital Indirect costs Mental illness United States;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:53:y:2001:i:1:p:21-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.