Frequency and timing of antenatal care in Kenya: explaining the variations between women of different communities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gyimah, Stephen Obeng & Takyi, Baffour K. & Addai, Isaac, 2006. "Challenges to the reproductive-health needs of African women: On religion and maternal health utilization in Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(12), pages 2930-2944, June.
- Ana Maria Osorio & Catalina Bolancé & Nyovani Madise, 2012. "Intermediary and structural determinants of early childhood health in Colombia: exploring the role of communities," Working Papers XREAP2012-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jun 2012.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:187:y:2017:i:c:p:39-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Li-Mei, 2003. "National Health Insurance and the antenatal care use: a case in Taiwan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 99-112, April.
- Mbonye, Anthony Kabanza & Neema, Stella & Magnussen, Pascal, 2006. "Perceptions on use of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in pregnancy and the policy implications for malaria control in Uganda," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 279-289, August.
- Makate, Marshall, 2016. "Maternal health-seeking behavior and child’s birth order: Evidence from Malawi, Uganda, and Zimbabwe," MPRA Paper 72722, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2016.
- De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry & Louis, Valérie R. & Sarker, Malabika & Tiendrebéogo, Justin & Yé, Maurice & Müller, Olaf & Jahn, Albrecht, 2011. "Determinants of utilisation of maternal care services after the reduction of user fees: A case study from rural Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 210-218, March.
- Emily Smith-Greenaway & Christie Sennott, 2016. "Death and Desirability: Retrospective Reporting of Unintended Pregnancy After a Child’s Death," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(3), pages 805-834, June.
- Van Rijsbergen, Bart & D’Exelle, Ben, 2013. "Delivery Care in Tanzania: A Comparative Analysis of Use and Preferences," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 276-287.
- Sunil, T.S. & Rajaram, S. & Zottarelli, Lisa K., 2006. "Do individual and program factors matter in the utilization of maternal care services in rural India? A theoretical approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(8), pages 1943-1957, April.
- Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin & Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Madise, Nyovani Janet, 2006. "An investigation of district spatial variations of childhood diarrhoea and fever morbidity in Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1138-1152, March.
- Mônica Viegas Andrade & Kenya Valéria M. de Souza Noronha & Abhishek Singh & Cristina Guimarães Rodrigues & Sabu S. Padmadas, 2011. "Equidade na utilização dos serviços de saúde no Brasil: um estudo comparativo entre as regiões brasileiras no período 1998-2008," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td446, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Trani, Jean-Francois & Browne, Joyce & Kett, Maria & Bah, Osman & Morlai, Teddy & Bailey, Nicki & Groce, Nora, 2011. "Access to health care, reproductive health and disability: A large scale survey in Sierra Leone," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1477-1489.
- Pokhrel, Subhash & Snow, Rachel & Dong, Hengjin & Hidayat, Budi & Flessa, Steffen & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2005. "Gender role and child health care utilization in Nepal," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 100-109, September.
- Nandini Thogarapalli & Paul Mkandawire & Joseph Kangmennaang & Isaac Luginaah & Godwin Arku, 2016. "Gestational age at first antenatal visit in Namibia," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(9), pages 1089-1097, December.
- McTavish, Sarah & Moore, Spencer & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John, 2010. "National female literacy, individual socio-economic status, and maternal health care use in sub-Saharan Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(11), pages 1958-1963, December.
- Saturnin Bertrand Nguenda Anya & Atanase Yene, 2016. "The determinants of the choice of treatment of pregnant women in Cameroon," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Mistry, Ritesh & Galal, Osman & Lu, Michael, 2009. "Women's autonomy and pregnancy care in rural India: A contextual analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 926-933, September.
- Smith, Kimberly V. & Sulzbach, Sara, 2008. "Community-based health insurance and access to maternal health services: Evidence from three West African countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2460-2473, June.
- Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O. & Obare, Francis O., 2007. "A comparative analysis of the use of maternal health services between teenagers and older mothers in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 1311-1325, March.
- Guliani, Harminder & Sepehri, Ardeshir & Serieux, John, 2012. "What impact does contact with the prenatal care system have on women’s use of facility delivery? Evidence from low-income countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(12), pages 1882-1890.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:9:p:477-520 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gage, Anastasia J., 2007. "Barriers to the utilization of maternal health care in rural Mali," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(8), pages 1666-1682, October.
- Yusuke Kamiya, 2010. "Endogenous Women's Autonomy and the Use of Reproductive Health Services: Empirical Evidence from Tajikistan," OSIPP Discussion Paper 10E010, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
More about this item
KeywordsAntenatal care Multilevel linear models Random coefficient models Intra-unit correlation Kenya;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:51:y:2000:i:4:p:551-561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .