Valuing health status using VAS and TTO: What lies behind the numbers?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arthur E. Attema & Werner B.F. Brouwer, 2014.
"Deriving Time Discounting Correction Factors For Tto Tariffs,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 410-425, April.
- Attema, Arthur & Brouwer, Werner, 2012. "Deriving time discounting correction factors for TTO tariffs," MPRA Paper 37002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Trude Arnesen & Mari Trommald, 2005. "Are QALYs based on time trade-off comparable? - A systematic review of TTO methodologies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 39-53.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40258-016-0282-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Anne Spencer, 2000. "Testing the Additive Independence Assumption in the QALY Model," Working Papers 427, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Brazier, J, 2005. "Current state of the art in preference-based measures of health and avenues for further research," MPRA Paper 29762, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Susan Chilton & Anne Spencer, 2001. "Empirical evidence of inconsistency in Standard Gamble choices under direct and indirect elicitation methods," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 137(I), pages 65-86, March.
- Karimi, M. & Brazier, J. & Paisley, S., 2017. "How do individuals value health states? A qualitative investigation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 80-88.
- F. E. van Nooten & X. Koolman & W. B. F. Brouwer, 2009. "The influence of subjective life expectancy on health state valuations using a 10 year TTO," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 549-558.
- Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F., 2012. "A test of independence of discounting from quality of life," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 22-34.
- Joanna Coast, 1999. "The appropriate uses of qualitative methods in health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 345-353.
- Angela Robinson & Anne Spencer, 2006. "Exploring challenges to TTO utilities: valuing states worse than dead," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 393-402.
- Mandy Ryan & Mabelle Amaya-Amaya, 2005. "' Threats ' to and hopes for estimating benefits," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 609-619.
- Nancy J. Devlin & Aki Tsuchiya & Ken Buckingham & Carl Tilling, 2011.
"A uniform time trade off method for states better and worse than dead: feasibility study of the ‘lead time’ approach,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 348-361, March.
- Devlin, N. & Tsuchiya, A. & Buckingham, K. & Tilling, C., 2009. "A uniform Time Trade Off method for states better and worse than dead: feasibility study of the ‘lead time’ approach," Working Papers 09/08, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Benjamin M. Craig & Sulabha Ramachandran, 2006. "Relative risk of a shuffled deck: a generalizable logical consistency criterion for sample selection in health state valuation studies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(8), pages 835-848.
- Rachel Baker & Angela Robinson, 2004. "Responses to standard gambles: are preferences 'well constructed'?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 37-48.
- Benjamin M. Craig, 2009. "The duration effect: a link between TTO and VAS values," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 217-225.
- Burstrom, Kristina & Johannesson, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn, 2006. "A comparison of individual and social time trade-off values for health states in the general population," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 359-370, May.
- Peep F. M. Stalmeier & Jan J. V. Busschbach & Leida M. Lamers & Paul F. M. Krabbe, 2005. "The gap effect: discontinuities of preferences around dead," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 679-685.
- Dolan, Paul & Stalmeier, Peep, 2003. "The validity of time trade-off values in calculating QALYs: constant proportional time trade-off versus the proportional heuristic," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 445-458, May.
- Ulrich Schmidt & Michael Stolpe, 2011.
"Transitivity in health utility measurement: An experimental analysis,"
Health Economics Review,
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-4, December.
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Stolpe, Michael, 2008. "Transitivity in health utility measurement: An experimental analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1412, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Oliver, Adam, 2013. "Testing the rate of preference reversal in personal and social decision-making," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1250-1257.
- Joshua A. Salomon & Christopher J.L. Murray, 2004. "A multi-method approach to measuring health-state valuations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 281-290.
More about this item
Keywordstime trade off visual analogue scale health state valuation inconsistency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:45:y:1997:i:8:p:1289-1297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .