Collecting retrospective data: Accuracy of recall after 50 years judged against historical records
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Halkos, George, 1993. "Economic incentives for optimal sulphur abatement in Europe," MPRA Paper 33705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ger Klaassen & David Pearce, 1995. "Introduction," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(2), pages 85-93, March.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, January.
- Tietenberg, T H, 1990. "Economic Instruments for Environmental Regulation," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 17-33, Spring.
- Halkos, George E., 1993. "Sulphur abatement policy: Implications of cost differentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1035-1043, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Dietz, Barbara & Gatskova, Ksenia & Schmillen, Achim, 2014.
"Showing off to the new neighbors? Income, socioeconomic status and consumption patterns of internal migrants,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 230-245.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Dietz, Barbara & Gatskova, Ksenia & Schmillen, Achim, 2013. "Showing off to the new neighbors? Income, socioeconomic status and consumption patterns of internal migrants," Munich Reprints in Economics 20029, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Alexander M. Danzer & Barbara Dietz & Kseniia Gatskova & Achim Schmillen, 2013. "Showing off to the new neighbors? Income, socioeconomic status and consumption patterns of internal migrants," Working Papers 330, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Dietz, Barbara & Gatskova, Kseniia & Schmillen, Achim, 2013. "Showing Off to the New Neighbors? Income, Socioeconomic Status and Consumption Patterns of Internal Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 7370, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- C. Juneau & T. Benmarhnia & A. Poulin & S. Côté & L. Potvin, 2015. "Socioeconomic position during childhood and physical activity during adulthood: a systematic review," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 60(7), pages 799-813, November.
- Jones, Ian Rees & Ahmed, Nilufar & Catty, Jocelyn & McLaren, Susan & Rose, Diana & Wykes, Til & Burns, Tom, 2009. "Illness careers and continuity of care in mental health services: A qualitative study of service users and carers," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 632-639, August.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:59:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s00168-017-0821-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Till Stowasser & Florian Heiss & Daniel McFadden & Joachim Winter, 2013.
"Understanding the SES Gradient in Health Among the Elderly: The Role of Childhood Circumstances,"
NBER Chapters,in: Discoveries in the Economics of Aging, pages 187-219
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stowasser, Till & Heiss, Florian & McFadden, Daniel & Winter, Joachim, 2014. "Understanding the SES gradient in health among the elderly: The role of childhood circumstances," Discussion Papers in Economics 20847, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Cacciotti, Gabriella & Hayton, James C. & Mitchell, J. Robert & Giazitzoglu, Andres, 2016. "A reconceptualization of fear of failure in entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 302-325.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean Lillard & Josè Balmori de la Miyar, 2013. "Smoking behavior of Mexicans: patterns by birth-cohort, gender, and education," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(3), pages 335-343, June.
- Graham, Hilary & Hawkins, Summer Sherburne & Law, Catherine, 2010. "Lifecourse influences on women's smoking before, during and after pregnancy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 582-587, February.
- Cope, Jason, 2011. "Entrepreneurial learning from failure: An interpretative phenomenological analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 604-623.
- Webb, Elizabeth Alice & Kuh, Diana & Pajak, Andrzej & Kubinova, Ruzena & Malyutina, Sofia & Bobak, Martin, 2008. "Estimation of secular trends in adult height, and childhood socioeconomic circumstances in three Eastern European populations," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 228-236, July.
- Christopoulou, Rebekka & Lillard, Dean R., 2015.
"Is smoking behavior culturally determined? Evidence from British immigrants,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 78-90.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "Is Smoking Behavior Culturally Determined? Evidence from British Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 19036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "Is Smoking Behavior Culturally Determined?: Evidence from British Immigrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1265, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Dieter von Fintel & Dorrit Posel, 2014. "Errors in recalling childhood socio-economic status: the role of anchoring and household formation in South Africa," Working Papers 18/2014, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics, revised 2014.
- Eric Defebvre, 2016. "Harder, better, faster... yet stronger? Working conditions and self-declaration of chronic diseases," TEPP Working Paper 2016-07, TEPP.
- Tampubolon, Gindo, 2010. "Recall error and recall bias in life course epidemiology," MPRA Paper 23847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Smita & Corner, Patricia Doyle & Pavlovich, Kathryn, 2015. "Failed, not finished: A narrative approach to understanding venture failure stigmatization," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 150-166.
- Dang, Hai-Anh & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & McKenzie, David, 2014.
"Using repeated cross-sections to explore movements into and out of poverty,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 112-128.
- Dang, Hai-Anh & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & McKenzie, David, 2011. "Using repeated cross-sections to explore movements in and out of poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5550, The World Bank.
- Dieter Fintel & Dorrit Posel, 2016. "Errors in Recalling Childhood Socio-economic Status: The Role of Anchoring and Household Formation in South Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 119-140, March.
More about this item
Keywordslifecourse health inequalities retrospective data lifegrid;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:45:y:1997:i:10:p:1519-1525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .