The relationship between cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-benefit analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pinto-Prades, Jose Luis & Loomes, Graham & Brey, Raul, 2009. "Trying to estimate a monetary value for the QALY," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 553-562, May.
- Stephen Birch & Amiram Gafni, 2012. "Decision Rules in Economic Evaluation Revisited," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 49 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dolan, Paul & Edlin, Richard, 2002. "Is it really possible to build a bridge between cost-benefit analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 827-843, September.
- Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin, 2010.
"Le calcul de la valeur statistique d’une vie humaine,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 86(4), pages 487-530, décembre.
- Georges Dionne & Martin Lebeau, 2010. "Le calcul de la valeur statistique d'une vie humaine," Cahiers de recherche 1041, CIRPEE.
- Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin, 2010.
"Le calcul de la valeur statistique d'une vie humaine
[Estimation of statistical value of life]," MPRA Paper 37573, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gre[ss], Stefan & Niebuhr, Dea & Rothgang, Heinz & Wasem, Jurgen, 2005. "Criteria and procedures for determining benefit packages in health care: A comparative perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 78-91, July.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Svensson, Mikael, 2012.
"A Comparison of Benefit Cost and Cost Utility Analysis in Practice: Divergent Policies in Sweden,"
Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics
1, Karlstad University, Department of Economics.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Svensson, Mikael, 2012. "A Comparison of Benefit Cost and Cost Utility Analysis in Practice: Divergent Policies in Sweden," Working Papers 2012:5, Örebro University, School of Business.
- James Hammitt, 2013. "Admissible utility functions for health, longevity, and wealth: integrating monetary and life-year measures," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 311-325, December.
- Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen, 2006. "Incremental cost-effectiveness ratios (ICERs): The silence of the lambda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(9), pages 2091-2100, May.
- Karl Claxton & Simon Walker & Steven Palmer & Mark Sculpher, 2010. "Appropriate Perspectives for Health Care Decisions," Working Papers 054cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Sumper, Andreas & Boix-Aragonès, Oriol & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto & Bergas-Jané, Joan & Ramírez-Pisco, Rodrigo, 2010. "Methodology for the assessment of the impact of existing high voltage lines in urban areas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6036-6044, October.
- Smith, Richard D. & Richardson, Jeff, 2005. "Can we estimate the `social' value of a QALY?: Four core issues to resolve," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 77-84, September.
- Joanne Lord & George Laking & Alastair Fischer, 2006. "Non-linearity in the cost-effectiveness frontier," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 565-577.
- David Canning, 2007. "Valuing Lives Equally and Welfare Economics," PGDA Working Papers 2707, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- David Canning, 2013.
"Axiomatic Foundations For Cost‐Effectiveness Analysis,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(12), pages 1405-1416, December.
- David Canning, 2009. "Axiomatic Foundations of Cost Effectiveness Analysis," PGDA Working Papers 5109, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Hammitt, James & Haninger, Kevin, 2010.
"Diminishing Willingness to Pay per Quality-Adjusted Life Year: Valuing Acute Foodborne Illness,"
LERNA Working Papers
11.01.335, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Hammitt, James K. & Haninger, Kevin, 2010. "Diminishing Willingness to Pay per Quality-Adjusted Life Year: Valuing Acute Foodborne Illness," TSE Working Papers 10-268, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Johannesson, Magnus & O'Conor, Richard M., 1997. "Cost-utility analysis from a societal perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 241-253, March.
- Henrik Andersson & James K. Hammitt & Kristian Sundström, 2015.
"Willingness to Pay and QALYs: What Can We Learn about Valuing Foodborne Risk?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 727-752, September.
- Andersson, Henrik & Hammitt, James K. & Sundström, Kristian, 2011. "Willingness to pay and QALYs: What can we learn about valuing foodborne risk?," TSE Working Papers 11-272, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Andersson, Henrik & Hammitt, James & SundstrÃ¶m, Kristian, 2011. "Willingness to pay and QALYs: What can we learn about valuing foodborne risk?," LERNA Working Papers 11.21.355, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Carmen Herrero & Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2009.
"Estimating production costs in the economic evaluation of health-care programs,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 21-35.
- HERRERO, Carmen & MORENO-TERNERO, Juan D., 2009. "Estimating production costs in the economic evaluation of health-care programs," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2111, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Helen Mason & Michael Jones-Lee & Cam Donaldson, 2009. "Modelling the monetary value of a QALY: a new approach based on UK data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 933-950.
- Liqun Liu & Andrew J. Rettenmaier & Thomas R. Saving, 2008. "Longevity bias in cost-effectiveness analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 523-534.
- repec:ohe:monogr:000464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Angela & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Bacon, Philomena & Baker, Rachel & Pennington, Mark & Donaldson, Cam, 2013. "Estimating a WTP-based value of a QALY: The ‘chained’ approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 92-104.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh & van den Berg, Bernard, 2011.
"Putting different price tags on the same health condition: Re-evaluating the well-being valuation approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1032-1043.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh & van den Berg, Bernard, 2011. "Putting Different Price Tags on the Same Health Condition: Re-evaluating the Well-Being Valuation Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 5493, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordseconomic evaluation cost-effectiveness analysis cost-utility analysis cost-benefit analysis societal perspective;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:41:y:1995:i:4:p:483-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.