Empirical analysis of water market institutions: The 1991 California water market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nordhaus, William D, 1991. "To Slow or Not to Slow: The Economics of the Greenhouse Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 920-937, July.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1992. "Some Economics of Global Warming," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Robert Ayres & Jörg Walter, 1991. "The greenhouse effect: Damages, costs and abatement," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(3), pages 237-270, September.
- Nordhaus, William D., 1993.
"Rolling the 'DICE': an optimal transition path for controlling greenhouse gases,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 27-50, March.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1992. "Rolling the 'Dice': An Optimal Transition Path for Controlling Greenhouse Gases," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1019, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pannell, David J. & Roberts, Anna M. & Park, Geoff & Alexander, Jennifer, 2013.
"Improving environmental decisions: A transaction-costs story,"
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 244-252.
- Pannell, David J. & Roberts, Anna M. & Park, Geoff & Alexander, Jennifer, 2012. "Improving environmental decisions: a transaction-costs story," Working Papers 125851, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:01:n:s2382624x1650020x is not listed on IDEAS
- Garrick, Dustin & Whitten, Stuart M. & Coggan, Anthea, 2013. "Understanding the evolution and performance of water markets and allocation policy: A transaction costs analysis framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 195-205.
- Easter, K. William, 1996. "MARKET APPROACHES TO WATER ALLOCATION: WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?; Proceedings of the Fifth Joint Conference on Agriculture, Food, and the Environment, June 17-18, 1996, Padova, Italy," Working Papers 14428, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Hansen, Kristiana & Howitt, Richard E. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2006. "Implementing Options Markets in California To Manage Water Supply Uncertainty," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21218, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Deng, Xiaohong & Xu, Zhongmin & Song, Xiaoyu & Zhou, Jian, 2017. "Transaction costs associated with agricultural water trading in the Heihe River Basin, Northwest China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 29-39.
- Dustin Garrick & Bruce Aylward, 2012. "Transaction Costs and Institutional Performance in Market-Based Environmental Water Allocation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 536-560.
- Dridi, Chokri & Khanna, Madhu, 2003. "Efficacy Of Water Trading Under Asymmetric Information And Implications For Technology Adoption," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22140, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Aillery, Marcel P. & Gollehon, Noel R. & Schaible, Glenn D. & Roberts, Michael J. & Quinby, William, 2004. "Policy Directions To Mitigate Water-Supply Risk In Irrigated Agriculture: A Federal Perspective," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19925, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Crase, Lin & Dollery, Brian & Lockwood, Michael, 2001. "Towards an Understanding of Static Transaction Costs in the NSW Permanent Water Market: An Application of Choice Modelling," 2001 Conference (45th), January 23-25, 2001, Adelaide 125588, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Williamson, Brendon & Villano, Renato A. & Fleming, Euan M., 2008. "Structuring Exotic Options Contracts on Water to Improve the Efficiency of Resource Allocation in the Water Spot Market," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 5992, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hanak, Ellen, 2003. "Stopping The Drain: Third-Party Resistance To Water Marketing In California," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22099, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hansen, Kristiana, 2010. "Water Markets and Water Rights Markets in the Western United States," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(02).
- Johannus Janmaat, 2011. "Water Markets, Licenses, and Conservation: Some Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(1), pages 145-159.
- Skurray, James H. & Roberts, E.J. & Pannell, David J., 2013. "Hydrological challenges to groundwater trading: lessons from south-west Western Australia," Working Papers 161073, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ellen Hanak, 2005.
"Stopping the Drain: Third-party Responses to California's Water Market,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 59-77, January.
- Ellen Hanak, 2004. "Stopping the Drain: Third-Party Responses to California's Water Market," PPIC Working Papers 2004.11, Public Policy Institute of California.
- McCann, Laura & Colby, Bonnie & Easter, K. William & Kasterine, Alexander & Kuperan, K.V., 2005. "Transaction cost measurement for evaluating environmental policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 527-542, March.
- Joachim von Braun, 2016. "Policy Nook: “Expanding Water Modeling to Serve Real Policy Needs”," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(04), pages 1-9, December.
- Skurray, James H., 2015. "The scope for collective action in a large groundwater basin: An institutional analysis of aquifer governance in Western Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 128-140.
- Chaudhry, Anita M. & Fairbanks, Dean H.K. & Caldwell, Alyssa, 2015. "Determinants of Water Sales During Droughts: Evidence from Rice Farm-Level Data in California," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205446, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- McCann, Laura M.J. & Easter, K. William, 1998. "Estimating Transaction Costs Of Alternative Policies To Reduce Phosphorous Pollution In The Minnesota River," Staff Papers 13919, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Li Zhang & Shao Jia & Chi Leung & Li Guo, 2013. "An Analysis on the Transaction Costs of Water Markets under DPA and UPA Auctions," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(2), pages 475-484, January.
- repec:ags:ubzefd:148054 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crase, Lin & O'Reilly, Leo & Dollery, Brian, 2000. "Water markets as a vehicle for water reform: the case of New South Wales," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(2), June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:resene:v:16:y:1994:i:4:p:357-371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .