Marginal tax rates and state economic growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin W. Boadway & Frank R. Flatters, 1982. "Efficiency and Equalization Payments in a Federal System of Government: A Synthesis and Extension of Recent Results," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(4), pages 613-633, November.
- T Tabuchi, 1986.
"Existence and stability of city-size distribution in the gravity and logit models,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(10), pages 1375-1389, October.
- T Tabuchi, 1986. "Existence and Stability of City-Size Distribution in the Gravity and Logit Models," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 18(10), pages 1375-1389, October.
- Boadway, Robin, 1982. "On the Method of Taxation and the Provision of Local Public Goods: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 846-851, September.
- Arnott, Richard, 1979. "Optimal city size in a spatial economy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 65-89, January.
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1979. "Aggregate Land Rents, Expenditure on Public Goods, and Optimal City Size," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 471-500.
- Flatters, Frank & Henderson, Vernon & Mieszkowski, Peter, 1974. "Public goods, efficiency, and regional fiscal equalization," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 99-112, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zsolt Becsi, 1996. "Do state and local taxes affect relative state growth?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Mar, pages 18-36.
- Esteller-More, Alex & Sole-Olle, Albert, 2001.
"Vertical income tax externalities and fiscal interdependence: evidence from the US,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2-3), pages 247-272, April.
- Esteller-Moré, Álex & Solé-Ollé, Albert, 1999. "Vertical income tax externalities and fiscal interdependence: evidence from the US," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-28, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- W. Robert Reed, 2006. "The Robust Relationship Between Taxes and State Economic Growth," Working Papers in Economics 06/13, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Takumah, Wisdom, 2014. "Tax Revenue and Economic Growth in Ghana: A Cointegration Approach," MPRA Paper 58532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, David Han-Min, 2007. "Convergence tests on tax burden and economic growth among China, Taiwan and the OECD countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 380(C), pages 278-286.
- Reed, W. Robert, 2008. "The Robust Relationship Between Taxes and U.S. State Income Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 61(1), pages 57-80, March.
- Richard Funderburg & Timothy J. Bartik & Alan H. Peters & Peter S. Fisher, 2013.
"The Impact Of Marginal Business Taxes On State Manufacturing,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 557-582, October.
- Richard Funderburg & Timothy J. Bartik & Alan H. Peters, "undated". "The Impact of Marginal Business Taxes on State Manufacturing," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles fbpfjrs, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Decker, Christopher S. & Thompson, Eric C. & Wohar, Mark E., 2009. "Determinants of State Labor Productivity: The Changing Role of Density," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1).
- Yamarik, Steven, 2000. "Can tax policy help explain state-level macroeconomic growth?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 211-215, August.
- W. Robert Reed, 2009.
"The Determinants Of U.S. State Economic Growth: A Less Extreme Bounds Analysis,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(4), pages 685-700, October.
- W. Robert Reed, 2006. "The Determinants of U. S. State Economic Growth: A Less Extreme Bounds Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 06/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Alejandro Esteller-Moré & Albert Solé-Ollé, 2002.
"Tax Setting in a Federal System: The Case of Personal Income Taxation in Canada,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, pages 235-257.
- Alejandro Esteller & Albert Solé, 2001. "Tax Setting in a Federal System: The Case of Personal Income Taxation in Canada," Working Papers 2001/9, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Reed, W. Robert, 2006. "Democrats, republicans, and taxes: Evidence that political parties matter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 725-750, May.
- Nicholas Apergis, 2015. "Labor Income Tax and Output in a Panel of Central and Eastern European Countries: A Long-Run Perspective," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 21(1), pages 1-12, March.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:21:y:2015:i:1:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- W. Robert Reed & Cynthia L. Rogers, 2006.
"Tax Burden and the Mismeasurement of State Tax Policy,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 34(4), pages 404-426, July.
- W. Robert Reed & Cynthia L. Rogers, 2005. "Tax Burden and the Mismeasurement of State Tax Policy," Public Economics 0505001, EconWPA.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:2:p:265-301 is not listed on IDEAS
- European Commission, 2010. "Tax Policy after the Crisis: Monitoring Tax Revenues and Tax Reforms in EU Member States 2010 Report," Taxation Papers 24, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- William Gbohoui & François Vaillancourt, 2016. "Sub-national Tax Policy and State Level Growth Dynamics: Evidence from U.S. States," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-13, CIRANO.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:24:y:1994:i:6:p:687-705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.