Entry deterrence, cost advantage and horizontal product differentiation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takanori Ago, 2013. "Demand creation and location: a variable consumer-distribution approach in spatial competition," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 51(3), pages 775-792, December.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Foros, Øystein & Kind, Hans Jarle, 2012.
"Product quality, competition, and multi-purchasing,"
2012/9, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Anderson, Simon P & Foros, Øystein & Kind, Hans Jarle, 2012. "Product quality, competition, and multi-purchasing," CEPR Discussion Papers 8923, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Matsushima, Noriaki, 2012. "Welfare properties of strategic R&D investments in Hotelling models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 465-468.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "Cost differentials and mixed strategy equilibria in a Hotelling model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 215-234, March.
- Leo Kaas & Paul Madden, 2010.
"Minimum wages and welfare in a Hotelling duopsony,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 43(2), pages 167-188, May.
- L. Kaas & P. Madden, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Welfare in a Hotelling Duopsony," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0604, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Kaas, Leo & Madden, Paul, 2008. "Minimum Wages and Welfare in a Hotelling Duopsony," IZA Discussion Papers 3434, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yen-Ju Lin & Yan-Shu Lin & Kuang-I Tu, 2016. "Strategic input outsourcing and equilibrium location choice," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 56(1), pages 83-99, January.
- Boyer, Marcel & Mahenc, Philippe & Moreaux, Michel, 2003.
"Entry preventing locations under incomplete information,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 809-829, June.
- Marcel Boyer & Philippe Mahenc & Michel Moreaux, 2002. "Entry Preventing Locations Under Incomplete Information," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-15, CIRANO.
- Matthew Beacham, 2012. "The effect of Stackelberg cost reductions on spatial competition with heterogeneous firms," Discussion Papers 12/14, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Kourandi, Frago & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2010. "Endogenous Spatial Differentiation with Vertical Contracting," CEPR Discussion Papers 7948, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2010. "Patent licensing, bargaining, and product positioning," ISER Discussion Paper 0775, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Andrea Pierce & Debapriya Sen, 2014.
"Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 263-287, April.
- Pierce, Andrea & Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg," MPRA Paper 15673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ebina, Takeshi & Matsushima, Noriaki & Shimizu, Daisuke, 2015.
"Product differentiation and entry timing in a continuous time spatial competition model,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 904-913.
- Takeshi Ebina & Noriaki Matsushima & Daisuke Shimizu, 2014. "Product differentiation and entry timing in a continuous time spatial competition model," ISER Discussion Paper 0915, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Jie Li & Xianhai Huang, 2013. "When to Initiate an International Vertical Merger? The Impact of Negative Demand Shock," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7), pages 843-860, July.
- João Correia-da-Silva & Joana Pinho, 2011. "Costly horizontal differentiation," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 10(3), pages 165-188, December.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima & Giorgos Stamatopoulos, 2010. "Location equilibrium with asymmetric firms: the role of licensing," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 99(3), pages 267-276, April.
- Matsumura Toshihiro & Matsushima Noriaki, 2010. "When Small Firms Fight Back Against Large Firms in R&D Activities," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-42, September.
- Aiura, Hiroshi & Sato, Yasuhiro, 2008. "Welfare properties of spatial competition with location-dependent costs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 32-48, January.
- Matsushima, Noriaki, 2004. "Technology of upstream firms and equilibrium product differentiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1091-1114, November.
- Meza, Sergio & Tombak, Mihkel, 2009. "Endogenous location leadership," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 687-707, November.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2007. "On patent licensing in spatial competition with endogenous location choice," Discussion Papers 2007-35, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:23:y:1993:i:4:p:523-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.