Urban squatting and community organization in developing countries
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Galiani, Sebastián & Gertler, Paul J. & Undurraga, Raimundo & Cooper, Ryan & Martínez, Sebastián & Ross, Adam, 2017. "Shelter from the storm: Upgrading housing infrastructure in Latin American slums," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 187-213.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2013.
"Urban squatting with rent-seeking organizers,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 561-569.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2012. "Urban Squatting with Rent-Seeking Organizers," CESifo Working Paper Series 3920, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mauricio José Serpa Barros de Moura & Rodrigo de Losso da Silveira Bueno, 2014. "The Effect of Land Title on Child Labor Supply: Empirical Evidence from Brazil," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_08, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Somik Lall & Uwe Deichmann & Mattias KA Lundberg & Nazmul Chaudhury, 2004. "Tenure, Diversity and Commitment: Community Participation for Urban Service Provision," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 1-26.
- Lall, Somik V. & Deichmann, Uwe & Lundberg, Mattias K.A. & Chaudhury, Nazmul, 2002. "Tenure, Divesity, and commitment - community participation for urban service provision," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2862, The World Bank.
- Siqueira, Kevin, 2003. "Participation in organized and unorganized protests and rebellions," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 861-874, November.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lall, Somik V., 2015. "Cities in Developing Countries," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 2008. "Squatting, eviction and development," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Philip I. Levy, 2002. "Untitled: A Study of Formal and Informal Property Rights in Urban Ecuador," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 986-1019, October.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Philip I. Levy, 1998. "Untitled: A Study of Formal and Informal Property Rights in Urban Ecuador," Working Papers 788, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Lanjouw, J.O. & Levy, P.I., 1998. "Untitled: A Study of Formal and Informal Property Rights in Urban Ecuador," Papers 788, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Cai,Yongyang & Selod,Harris & Steinbuks,Jevgenijs, 2015. "Urbanization and property rights," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7486, The World Bank.
- Michael Hoy & Emmanuel Jimenez, 2006. "Property Rights and the Urban Environment: Local Public Goods in Indonesian Cities," Working Papers 0609, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2009. "A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 28-51, February.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2008. "A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2328, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2009. "A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries," Post-Print hal-00813126, HAL.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2008. "A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries," Working Papers 070816, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Mauricio Moura & Caio Piza & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2011. "The Distributive Effects of Land Titleon Labor Supply; Evidence From Brazil," IMF Working Papers 11/131, International Monetary Fund.
- A. Navarro, Ignacio & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 2010. "The Legacy Effect of Squatter Settlements on Urban Redevelopment," WIDER Working Paper Series 025, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Caio Piza & Mauricio José Serpa Barros de Moura, 2011. "How Does Land Title Affect Access to Credit? Empirical Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Working Paper Series 2211, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Buckley, Robert M. & Kalarickal, Jerry, 2004. "Shelter strategies for the urban poor : idiosyncratic and successful, but hardly mysterious," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3427, The World Bank.
- Ignacio Navarro & Geoffrey Turnbull, 2014. "Property Rights and Urban Development: Initial Title Quality Matters Even When it No Longer Matters," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 1-22, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:27:y:1985:i:1:p:69-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed