The incidence and allocation effects of a tax on corporate distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- David F. Bradford, 1979. "The Incidence and Allocation Effects of a Tax on Corporate Distributions," NBER Working Papers 0349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Asimakopulos, A. & Burbidge, J. B., 1975. "Corporate taxation and the optimal investment decisions of firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 281-287, August.
- Willem H. Buiter & James Tobin, 1978. "Debt Neutrality: A Brief Review of Doctrine and Evidence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 497, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1982. "Government deficits and aggregate demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20.
- Mervyn A. King, 1974. "Taxation and the Cost of Capital," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 21-35.
- Buchanan, James M, 1976. "Barro on the Ricardian Equivalence Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(2), pages 337-342, April.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1973. "Taxation, corporate financial policy, and the cost of capital," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- António Afonso, 2001. "Government indebtedness and european consumers behaviour," Working Papers Department of Economics 2001/12, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Gregory Mankiw, N., 1999.
Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 25, pages 1615-1669,
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1820, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 6470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Mankiw, N, 1999. "Government Debt," Scholarly Articles 2643866, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government debt," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Koumparoulis, Dimitrios, 2006. "Ευρωπαϊκή Δημοσιονομική Πολιτική Και Οικονομική Μεγέθυνση: Η Νεοκλασική Οικονομική Θεωρία Για Την Περίπτωση Της Ελλάδας [European Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: The Neoclassical Economic Theory," MPRA Paper 44310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krishanu Pradhan, 2016.
"Ricardian Approach to Fiscal Sustainability in India,"
Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 10(4), pages 499-529, November.
- Pradhan, Krishanu, 2015. "Ricardian approach to fiscal sustainability in India," Working Papers 335, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Stefan Homburg, 2014.
"Overaccumulation, Public Debt and the Importance of Land,"
German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 15(4), pages 411-435, November.
- Homburg Stefan, 2014. "Overaccumulation, Public Debt and the Importance of Land," German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 15(4), pages 411-435, December.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2014. "Overaccumulation, Public Debt, and the Importance of Land," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-525, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2014. "Overaccumulation, Public Debt, and the Importance of Land," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100431, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Magnus Henrekson & Tino Sanandaji, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and the theory of taxation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 167-185, September.
- Jeffrey Carmichael & Kim Hawtrey, 1981. "Social Security, Government Finance, and Savings," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 57(4), pages 332-343, December.
- Roberto Ricciuti, 2003. "Assessing Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 55-78, February.
- Adrian W. Throop, 1985. "Current fiscal policy: is it stimulating investment or consumption?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 19-44.
- Gogas, Periklis & Plakandaras, Vasilios & Papadimitriou, Theophilos, 2014.
"Public debt and private consumption in OECD countries,"
The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 1-7.
- Gogas, Periklis & Papadimitriou, Theophilos & Plakandaras, Vasilios, 2013. "Public Debt and Private Consumption in OECD countries," DUTH Research Papers in Economics 1-2013, Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Economics, revised 20 Feb 2014.
- James Tobin, 1978. "Government Deficits and Capital Accumulation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 502, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2008:i:16:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- António Afonso, 2008. "Euler testing Ricardo and Barro in the EU," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(16), pages 1-14.
- Tarlok Singh, 2017. "Ricardian equivalence and the public and private saving nexus in India," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(36), pages 3579-3598, August.
- Jorge Iván González, 2002. "James Tobin (1918-2002)," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 4(6), pages 200-221, January-J.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(602):y:2015:i:2(602):p:163-170 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Forte & Cosimo Magazzino, 2015. "Ricardian equivalence and twin deficits hypotheses in the euro area," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 17(2), pages 148-166, October.
- Rodolfo Signorino, 2016. "How to pay for the war in times of imperfect commitment: Adam Smith and David Ricardo on the sinking fund," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 544-560, August.
- Fauvel, Yves, 1985. "Théorie du cycle de vie et rentes publiques," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 61(2), pages 220-238, juin.
- Daniel BELINGHER & Nicolae MOROIANU, 2015. "Empirical evidence on the Ricardian equivalence in Romania," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(603), S), pages 163-170, Summer.
- Visser, H., 1990. "Crowding out and the government budget," Serie Research Memoranda 0006, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- António Afonso, 2007. "An Avenue for Expansionary Fiscal Contractions," The IUP Journal of Public Finance, IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 7-15, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:15:y:1981:i:1:p:1-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.