Tsallis, Rényi and nonextensive Gaussian entropy derived from the respective multinomial coefficients
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Suyari, Hiroki, 2006. "Mathematical structures derived from the q-multinomial coefficient in Tsallis statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 368(1), pages 63-82.
- Oikonomou, Th., 2007. "Properties of the “non-extensive Gaussian” entropy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 381(C), pages 155-163.
- Th. Oikonomou & A. Provata, 2006. "Non-extensive trends in the size distribution of coding and non-coding DNA sequences in the human genome," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 50(1), pages 259-264, March.
- Sisto, R.P.Di & Martı́nez, S. & Orellana, R.B. & Plastino, A.R. & Plastino, A., 1999. "General thermostatistical formalisms, invariance under uniform spectrum translations, and Tsallis q-additivity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 265(3), pages 590-613.
- Tsallis, Constantino & Mendes, RenioS. & Plastino, A.R., 1998. "The role of constraints within generalized nonextensive statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 261(3), pages 534-554.
- Borges, Ernesto P., 2004. "A possible deformed algebra and calculus inspired in nonextensive thermostatistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 340(1), pages 95-101.
- Lenzi, E.K. & Mendes, R.S. & da Silva, L.R., 2000. "Statistical mechanics based on Renyi entropy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 280(3), pages 337-345.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oikonomou, Thomas, 2011. "Comment on “Critique of multinomial coefficient method for evaluating Tsallis and Rényi entropies” by A.S. Parvan," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(5), pages 781-784.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneralized multinomial coefficient; Tsallis entropy; Rényi entropy; Nonextensive Gaussian entropy; Generalized factorial;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:386:y:2007:i:1:p:119-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.