Impatience implication of weakly Paretian orders: Existence and genericity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Donald J & Lewis, Lucinda M, 1981. "Myopic Economic Agents," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 359-368, March.
- Ok, Efe A. & Benoît, Jean-Pierre, 2007. "Delay aversion," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 2(1), pages 71-113, March.
- Kaushik Basu & Tapan Mitra, 2003.
"Aggregating Infinite Utility Streams with InterGenerational Equity: The Impossibility of Being Paretian,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1557-1563, September.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2003. "Aggregating Infinite Utility Streams with Inter-generational Equity: The Impossibility of Being Paretian," Working Papers 03-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Banerjee, Kuntal & Mitra, Tapan, 2007. "On the impatience implications of Paretian social welfare functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 236-248, April.
- Lauwers, Luc, 2010.
"Ordering infinite utility streams comes at the cost of a non-Ramsey set,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 32-37, January.
- Luc LAUWERS, 2009. "Ordering infinite utility streams comes at the cost of a non-Ramsey set," Working Papers Department of Economics ces09.05, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Ram Sewak Dubey & Tapan Mitra, 2011.
"On equitable social welfare functions satisfying the Weak Pareto Axiom: A complete characterization,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 7(3), pages 231-250, September.
- Dubey, Ram Sewak & Mitra, Tapan, 2010. "On Equitable Social Welfare Functions Satisfying the Weak Pareto Axiom: A Complete Characterimplete Characterization," Working Papers 10-02, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Burness, H Stuart, 1976. "On the Role of Separability Assumptions in Determining Impatience Implications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 67-78, January.
- Juan Crespo & Carmelo Nuñez & Juan Rincón-Zapatero, 2009.
"On the impossibility of representing infinite utility streams,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 40(1), pages 47-56, July.
- Crespo, Juan A. & Núñez, Carmelo & Rincón-Zapatero, Juan Pablo, 2007. "On the impossibility of representing infinite utility streams," UC3M Working papers. Economics we075530, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1977. "On Weights and Measures: Informational Constraints in Social Welfare Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1539-1572, October.
- Stuart Burness, H., 1973. "Impatience and the preference for advancement in the timing of satisfactions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 495-507, October.
- Svensson, Lars-Gunnar, 1980. "Equity among Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1251-1256, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonsson, Adam & Voorneveld, Mark, 2018.
"The limit of discounted utilitarianism,"
Econometric Society, vol. 13(1), January.
- Jonsson, Adam & Voorneveld, Mark, 2014. "The limit of discounted utilitarianism," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 748, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2017.
- Alcantud, José Carlos R. & Dubey, Ram Sewak, 2014. "Ordering infinite utility streams: Efficiency, continuity, and no impatience," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 33-40.
More about this item
KeywordsImpatience condition; Weak Pareto; Sensitivity conditions; Genericity; Order types; Uncountable sets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:49:y:2013:i:2:p:134-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.