Amenities and regional differences in returns to worker characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Dongsoo & Liu, Feng & Yezer, Anthony, 2009. "Do inter-city differences in intra-city wage differentials have any interesting implications?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 203-209, November.
- Consuelo Gámez Amián & José Ignacio García Pérez, 2002. "Flujos Migratorios entre provincias andaluzas y entre éstas y el resto de España," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/01, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Shelby Gerking, 1998. "Spatial economic aspects of the environment and environmental policy: New directions for research," ERSA conference papers ersa98p384, European Regional Science Association.
- David Albouy & Fernando Leibovici & Casey Warman, 2013.
"Quality of life, firm productivity, and the value of amenities across Canadian cities,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(2), pages 379-411, May.
- David Albouy & Fernando Leibovici & Casey Warman, 2013. "Quality of life, firm productivity, and the value of amenities across Canadian cities," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 46(2), pages 379-411, May.
- David Albouy & Fernando Leibovici & Casey Warman, 2012. "Quality of Life, Firm Productivity, and the Value of Amenities across Canadian Cities," NBER Working Papers 18103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Albouy & Fernando Leibovici & Casey Warman, 2012. "Quality Of Life, Firm Productivity, And The Value Of Amenities Across Canadian Cities," Working Paper 1287, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Jan K. Brueckner & David Neumark, 2014.
"Beaches, Sunshine, and Public Sector Pay: Theory and Evidence on Amenities and Rent Extraction by Government Workers,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 198-230, May.
- Jan K. Brueckner & David Neumark, 2011. "Beaches, Sunshine, and Public-Sector Pay: Theory and Evidence on Amenities and Rent Extraction by Government Workers," NBER Working Papers 16797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan K. Brueckner & David Neumark, 2011. "Beaches, sunshine, and public-sector pay: theory and evidence on amenities and rent extraction by government workers," Working Papers 2011/42, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bernardo L. Queiroz & André B. Golgher, 2008. "Human capital differentials across municipalities and states in Brazil," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td330, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Lucie Schmidt & Paul N. Courant, 2006.
"Sometimes Close Is Good Enough: The Value Of Nearby Environmental Amenities,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5), pages 931-951, December.
- Lucie Schmidt & Paul N. Courant, 2003. "Sometimes Close is Good Enough: The Value of Nearby Environmental Amenities," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- David E. Clark & William E. Herrin & Thomas A. Knapp & Nancy E. White, 2003. "Migration and implicit amenity markets: does incomplete compensation matter?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 289-307, July.
- repec:esx:essedp:729 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vijay K. Mathur & Sheldon H. Stein, 2005. "Do amenities matter in attracting knowledge workers for regional economic development?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(2), pages 251-269, June.
- David Albouy, 2008. "Are Big Cities Bad Places to Live? Estimating Quality of Life across Metropolitan Areas," NBER Working Papers 14472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony M. Yezer & Daniel A. Broxterman, 2014. "Why Does Skill Intensity Vary Across Cities? Housing Cost and True Human Capital," Working Papers 2014-15, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Breinlich, Holger & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2014.
"Regional Growth and Regional Decline,"
Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.),Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 4, pages 683-779,
- Breinlich, Holger & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P. & Temple, Jonathan R. W., 2013. "Regional growth and regional decline," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51575, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Breinlich, Holger & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I P & Temple, Jonathan R, 2013. "Regional Growth and Regional Decline," Economics Discussion Papers 8977, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Breinlich, Holger & Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Temple, Jonathan, 2013. "Regional Growth and Regional Decline," CEPR Discussion Papers 9568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holger Breinlich & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Jonathan R. W. Temple, 2013. "Regional Growth and Regional Decline," CEP Discussion Papers dp1232, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- David S. Bieri & Casey J. Dawkins, 2019. "Amenities, affordability, and housing vouchers," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 56-82, January.
- Craig Kerr, 2017. "The effect of amenities on local wage distributions," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 215-228, July.
- Rebecca Diamond, 2016.
"The Determinants and Welfare Implications of US Workers' Diverging Location Choices by Skill: 1980-2000,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(3), pages 479-524, March.
- Diamond, Rebecca, 2013. "The Determinants and Welfare Implications of US Workers' Diverging Location Choices by Skill: 1980-2000," Research Papers 3143, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Stoddard, Christiana, 2005. "Adjusting teacher salaries for the cost of living: the effect on salary comparisons and policy conclusions," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 323-339, June.
- Aleksey Oshchepkov, 2007. "Are Interregional Wage Differentials in Russia Compensative?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 750, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Dan Black & Natalia Kolesnikova & Lowell Taylor, 2009.
"Earnings Functions When Wages and Prices Vary by Location,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 21-47, January.
- Dan A. Black & Natalia A. Kolesnikova & Lowell J. Taylor, 2007. "Earnings functions when wages and prices vary by location," Working Papers 2007-031, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2000. "Scale Economies and the Geographic Concentration of Industry," NBER Working Papers 8013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Hettler, 2001. "Spillover effects of local fiscal policy," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(4), pages 406-419, December.
- Miriam Maeder, 2014. "State-level heterogeneity in returns to secondary schooling in West Germany," Working Papers 147, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Cragg, Michael & Kahn, Matthew, 1997. "New Estimates of Climate Demand: Evidence from Location Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 261-284, September.
- David Albouy, 2009. "What Are Cities Worth? Land Rents, Local Productivity, and the Capitalization of Amenity Values," NBER Working Papers 14981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:30:y:1991:i:2:p:224-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.