Cumulative urban growth and urban density functions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Goodman, Allen C., 2005. "Central cities and housing supply: Growth and decline in US cities," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 315-335, December.
- Turner, Matthew A., 2007.
"A simple theory of smart growth and sprawl,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 21-44, January.
- Matthew Allen Turner, 2006. "A Simple Theory of Smart Growth and Sprawl," Working Papers tecipa-208, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Kahn, Matthew E. & Walsh, Randall, 2015. "Cities and the Environment," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Matthew E. Kahn & Randall Walsh, 2014. "Cities and the Environment," NBER Working Papers 20503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Hanushek, Eric A. & Quigley, John M., 2004. "Opportunities, race, and urban location: the influence of John Kain," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 70-79, July.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Eric A. Hanushek & John M. Quigley, 2004. "Opportunities, Race, and Urban Location: The Influence of John Kain," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2030, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Eric A. Hanushek & John M. Quigley, 2004. "Opportunities, Race, and Urban Location: The Influence of John Kain," NBER Working Papers 10312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Eric L. & Hanushek, Eric A. & Quigley, John M., 2004. "Opportunities, Race, and Urban Location: the Influence of John Kain," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt8798t4jv, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Siodla, James, 2015. "Razing San Francisco: The 1906 disaster as a natural experiment in urban redevelopment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 48-61.
- Alex Anas & Richard Arnott & Kenneth A. Small, 1998. "Urban Spatial Structure," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1426-1464, September.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Richard Arnott & Alex Anas & Kenneth Small, 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 388., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2001. "Spatial Growth and Redevelopment with Perfect Foresight and Durable Housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 425-452, May.
- Redfearn, Christian L., 2009. "Persistence in urban form: The long-run durability of employment centers in metropolitan areas," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 224-232, March.
- Christian L. Redfearn, 2007. "Determinacy in Urban Form: Fixed Investment & Path Dependence in Urban Areas," Working Paper 8559, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Peter Mieszkowski & Edwin S. Mills, 1993. "The Causes of Metropolitan Suburbanization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 135-147, Summer.
- Belal Fallah & Mark Partridge & M. Olfert, 2012. "Uncertain economic growth and sprawl: evidence from a stochastic growth approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(3), pages 589-617, December.
- Kiyoshi Yonemoto, 2007. "Endogenous determination of historical amenities and the residential location choice," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(4), pages 967-993, December.
- Goodman, Allen C., 2013. "Is there an S in urban housing supply? or What on earth happened in Detroit?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 179-191.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2010. "New Directions For Urban Economic Models Of Land Use Change: Incorporating Spatial Dynamics And Heterogeneity," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 65-91.
- Takatoshi Tabuchi, 2011. "City Formation and Transport Costs," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michelle J. White, 1994. "Housing and the Journey to Work in U.S. Cities," NBER Chapters,in: Housing Markets in the United States and Japan, pages 133-160 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:1:y:1974:i:1:p:61-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed