Declining city productivity and the growth of rural regions: A test of alternative explanations
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Gerald Carlino & Satyajit Chatterjee, 2002.
"Employment Deconcentration: A New Perspective on America's Postwar Urban Evolution,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 445-475.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Satyajit Chatterjee, 2001. "Employment deconcentration: a new perspective on America's postwar urban evolution," Working Papers 01-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Graham, Daniel J., 2007. "Variable returns to agglomeration and the effect of road traffic congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 103-120, July.
- Theodore M. Crone, 1997. "Where have all the factory jobs gone - and why?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-18.
- Neal E. Duffy, 1988. "Returns to Scale Behavior and Manufacturing Agglomeration Economies in U.S. Urban Areas," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(3), pages 47-54, Fall.
- Adamson, Dwight W. & Waugh, Andrew, 2012. "Farm Operator Entry and Exit Behavior: A Longitudinal Analysis," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124053, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Laura de Dominicis & Giuseppe Arbia & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2007. "The Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities in Italy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-094/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Donghwan An & Peter Gordon & Harry W. Richardson, 2002. "The Continuing Decentralization of People and Jobs in the United States," Working Paper 8627, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- William A. Testa, 1993. "Trends and prospects for rural manufacturing," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 27-36.
- William A. Testa, 1992. "Trends and prospects for rural manufacturing," Working Paper Series, Regional Economic Issues 92-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Peter Gordon & Bumsoo Lee, 2003. "Settlement Patterns in the U.S. Canada:Simliarities and Differences - Policies or Preferences?," Working Paper 8605, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2001. "Decentralized Employment and the Transformation of the American City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1912, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2001. "Decentralized Employment and the Transformation of the American City," NBER Working Papers 8117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Graham, 2000. "Spatial Variation in Labour Productivity in British Manufacturing," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 323-341.
- Gerald A. Carlino, 1998. "Trends in metropolitan employment growth," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jul, pages 13-22.
- Bannister, Geoffrey J. & Stolp, Chandler, 1995. "Regional concentration and efficiency in Mexican manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 672-690, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:18:y:1985:i:1:p:11-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed