Declining city productivity and the growth of rural regions: A test of alternative explanations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerald Carlino & Satyajit Chatterjee, 2002.
"Employment Deconcentration: A New Perspective on America's Postwar Urban Evolution,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 445-475.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Satyajit Chatterjee, 2001. "Employment deconcentration: a new perspective on America's postwar urban evolution," Working Papers 01-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Graham, Daniel J., 2007. "Variable returns to agglomeration and the effect of road traffic congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 103-120, July.
- Theodore M. Crone, 1997. "Where have all the factory jobs gone - and why?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-18.
- Neal E. Duffy, 1988. "Returns to Scale Behavior and Manufacturing Agglomeration Economies in U.S. Urban Areas," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(3), pages 47-54, Fall.
- Florence Gofette-Nagot & Bertrand Schmitt, 1997. "Agglomeration economies and spatial configurations in rural areas," Working Papers hal-01526882, HAL.
- Adamson, Dwight W. & Waugh, Andrew, 2012. "Farm Operator Entry and Exit Behavior: A Longitudinal Analysis," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124053, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Laura de Dominicis & Giuseppe Arbia & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2007. "The Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities in Italy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-094/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Donghwan An & Peter Gordon & Harry W. Richardson, 2002. "The Continuing Decentralization of People and Jobs in the United States," Working Paper 8627, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- William A. Testa, 1993. "Trends and prospects for rural manufacturing," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 27-36.
- Peter Gordon & Bumsoo Lee, 2003. "Settlement Patterns in the U.S. Canada:Simliarities and Differences - Policies or Preferences?," Working Paper 8605, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2001.
"Decentralized Employment and the Transformation of the American City,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1912, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2001. "Decentralized Employment and the Transformation of the American City," NBER Working Papers 8117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Graham, 2000. "Spatial Variation in Labour Productivity in British Manufacturing," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 323-341.
- Gerald A. Carlino, 1998. "Trends in metropolitan employment growth," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jul, pages 13-22.
- Lourens Broersma & Jan Oosterhaven, 2009. "Regional Labor Productivity In The Netherlands: Evidence Of Agglomeration And Congestion Effects," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 483-511.
- Bannister, Geoffrey J. & Stolp, Chandler, 1995. "Regional concentration and efficiency in Mexican manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 672-690, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:18:y:1985:i:1:p:11-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.