Psychological, social and economic determinants of saving: comparing recurrent and total savings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga & Tavares, José, 2016. "Psychological Costs of Currency Transition: Evidence from Euro Adoption," CEPR Discussion Papers 11071, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McCollum, Meagan N. & Lee, Hong & Pace, R. Kelley, 2015. "Deleveraging and mortgage curtailment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 60-75.
- Pierre Volle, 2007. "Les arbitrages budgétaires des consommateurs : bilan critique des connaissances et perspectives de recherche," Post-Print halshs-00164833, HAL.
- Jain, Arvind K. & Joy, Annamma, 1997. "Money matters: An exploratory study of the socio-cultural context of consumption, saving, and investment patterns," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 649-675, November.
- Annette Otto & Paul Webley, 2016. "Saving, Selling, Earning, and Negotiating: How Adolescents Acquire Monetary Lump Sums and Who Considers Saving," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 342-371, July.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:12:p:2370-2389 is not listed on IDEAS
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga & Tavares, José, 2016. "Psychological costs of currency transition: evidence from the euro adoption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 89-100.
- Lunt, Peter, 1996. "Discourses of savings," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 677-690, December.
- Han, Chang-Keun & Sherraden, Michael, 2009. "Do institutions really matter for saving among low-income households? A comparative approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 475-483, June.
- Canova, Luigina & Rattazzi, Anna Maria Manganelli & Webley, Paul, 2005. "The hierarchical structure of saving motives," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 21-34, February.
- Isabelle Guérin, 2000. "Pratiques budgétaires des bénéficiaires de minima sociaux : capacités cognitives, vécu émotionnel de l’assistance et qualité des relations bancaires," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 58(3), pages 29-46.
- Elizabeth Whitaker & Janet Bokemeiner & Scott Loveridge, 2013. "Interactional Associations of Gender on Savings Behavior: Showing Gender’s Continued Influence on Economic Action," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 105-119, March.
- Tatzel, Miriam, 2002. ""Money worlds" and well-being: An integration of money dispositions, materialism and price-related behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 103-126, February.
- Otto, Annette, 2013. "Saving in childhood and adolescence: Insights from developmental psychology," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 8-18.
- Fisher, Patti J. & Montalto, Catherine P., 2010. "Effect of saving motives and horizon on saving behaviors," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 92-105, February.
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- Karlsson, Niklas & Dellgran, Peter & Klingander, Birgitta & Garling, Tommy, 2004. "Household consumption: Influences of aspiration level, social comparison, and money management," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 753-769, December.
- Hainnur Aqma Rahim, 2017. "The Determining Factors for Muslim Household Deemed Ideal to be in Debt: Proposed Conceptual Framework," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 7(2), pages 686-699, February.
- Beverly, Sondra G. & Sherraden, Michael, 1999. "Institutional determinants of saving: implications for low-income households and public policy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 457-473.
- Jim Tomlinson, 2014. "British government and popular understanding of inflation in the mid-1970s," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(3), pages 750-768, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:12:y:1991:i:4:p:621-641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.