The Generalized Integer Gamma Distribution--A Basis for Distributions in Multivariate Statistics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Filipe Marques & Carlos Coelho, 2013. "Obtaining the exact and near-exact distributions of the likelihood ratio statistic to test circular symmetry through the use of characteristic functions," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 2091-2115, October.
- Das, Sourish & Dey, Dipak K., 2010. "On Bayesian inference for generalized multivariate gamma distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(19-20), pages 1492-1499, October.
- Carlos Coelho & Filipe Marques, 2012. "Near-exact distributions for the likelihood ratio test statistic to test equality of several variance-covariance matrices in elliptically contoured distributions," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 627-659, December.
- Coelho, Carlos A., 2004. "The generalized near-integer Gamma distribution: a basis for 'near-exact' approximations to the distribution of statistics which are the product of an odd number of independent Beta random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 191-218, May.
- repec:spr:compst:v:32:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00180-016-0703-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:testjl:v:26:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11749-016-0512-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Coelho & Barry Arnold & Filipe Marques, 2015. "The exact and near-exact distributions of the main likelihood ratio test statistics used in the complex multivariate normal setting," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 24(2), pages 386-416, June.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Coelho, Carlos A. & Marques, Filipe J., 2013. "The distribution of the product of powers of independent uniform random variables — A simple but useful tool to address and better understand the structure of some distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 19-36.
- Marques, Filipe J. & Loingeville, Florence, 2016. "Improved near-exact distributions for the product of independent Generalized Gamma random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 55-66.
- Blacher, René, 2003. "Multivariate quadratic forms of random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 2-23, October.
More about this item
Keywordsindependent Gamma variables different scale parameters integer shape parameters independent Beta variables Wilks' Lambda likelihood ratio statistic;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:64:y:1998:i:1:p:86-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.