A Paradox Concerning Shrinkage Estimators: Should a Known Scale Parameter Be Replaced by an Estimated Value in the Shrinkage Factor?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominique Fourdrinier & William Strawderman, 2015. "Robust minimax Stein estimation under invariant data-based loss for spherically and elliptically symmetric distributions," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 78(4), pages 461-484, May.
- Jurečková Jana & Sen P. K., 2006. "Robust multivariate location estimation, admissibility, and shrinkage phenomenon," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(2), pages 1-18, December.
- Ouassou, Idir & Strawderman, William E., 2002. "Estimation of a parameter vector restricted to a cone," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 121-129, January.
- D. Fourdrinier & S. Pergamenshchikov, 2007. "Improved Model Selection Method for a Regression Function with Dependent Noise," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 59(3), pages 435-464, September.
- Evgeny Pchelintsev, 2013. "Improved estimation in a non-Gaussian parametric regression," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 15-28, April.
More about this item
Keywordsspherical symmetry quadratic loss James-Stein estimation location parameter minimaxity robustness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:59:y:1996:i:2:p:109-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.