Inadmissibility of non-order-preserving orthogonally invariant estimators of the covariance matrix in the case of Stein's loss
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konno, Yoshihiko, 2007. "Estimation of normal covariance matrices parametrized by irreducible symmetric cones under Stein's loss," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 295-316, February.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa & M. S. Srivastava, 1999. ""Estimating the Covariance Matrix: A New Approach", June 1999," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-52, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kubokawa, T. & Srivastava, M. S., 2003. "Estimating the covariance matrix: a new approach," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 28-47, July.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa, 2004. "A Revisit to Estimation of the Precision Matrix of the Wishart Distribution," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-264, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Satoshi Kuriki, 1993. "Orthogonally invariant estimation of the skew-symmetric normal mean matrix," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 45(4), pages 731-739, December.
- Ye, Ren-Dao & Wang, Song-Gui, 2009. "Improved estimation of the covariance matrix under Stein's loss," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(6), pages 715-721, March.
- Konno, Yoshihiko, 2001. "Inadmissibility of the Maximum Likekihood Estimator of Normal Covariance Matrices with the Lattice Conditional Independence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 33-51, October.
- Sheena Yo & Gupta Arjun K., 2003. "Estimation of the multivariate normal covariance matrix under some restrictions," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 21(4/2003), pages 327-342, April.
- Takemura, Akimichi & Sheena, Yo, 2005. "Distribution of eigenvalues and eigenvectors of Wishart matrix when the population eigenvalues are infinitely dispersed and its application to minimax estimation of covariance matrix," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 271-299, June.
- Tsai, Ming-Tien & Kubokawa, Tatsuya, 2007. "Estimation of Wishart mean matrices under simple tree ordering," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(5), pages 945-959, May.
- Tsukuma, Hisayuki, 2016. "Estimation of a high-dimensional covariance matrix with the Stein loss," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 1-17.
- Perron, François, 1997. "On a Conjecture of Krishnamoorthy and Gupta, ," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 110-120, July.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa & M. S. Srivastava, 2002. "Estimating the Covariance Matrix: A New Approach," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-162, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Sheena, Yo & Takemura, Akimichi, 2008. "Asymptotic distribution of Wishart matrix for block-wise dispersion of population eigenvalues," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(4), pages 751-775, April.
- Hara, Hisayuki, 2001. "Other Classes of Minimax Estimators of Variance Covariance Matrix in Multivariate Normal Distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 175-186, May.
More about this item
KeywordsWishart distribution orthogonally invariant estimator Stein's loss inadmissibility order-preserving;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:41:y:1992:i:1:p:117-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.