The impact of government deficits on money growth in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William D. Nordhaus, 1989.
"Alternative Approaches to the Political Business Cycle,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(2), pages 1-68.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1989. "Alternative Approaches to the Political Business Cycle," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 927, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Park, Jin Hyuk, 1988. "Political business cycles in the parliamentary system," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 233-238.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Michael M. Hutchison, 1988. "Political business cycles in a parliamentary setting: the case of Japan," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 88-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Terrones, M.E., 1989. "Macroeconomic Policy Cycles Under Alternative Electoral Structures," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8905, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1975. "The Political Business Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 169-190.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakob De Haan & Jan Egbert Sturm, 1992. "The Case for Central Bank Independence," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 45(182), pages 305-327.
- Mohammad Aslam Chaudhary & Naved Ahmad, 1995. "Money Supply, Deficit, and Inflation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 945-956.
- He, Qichun & Zou, Heng-fu, 2016.
"Does inflation cause growth in the reform-era China? Theory and evidence,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 470-484.
- Qichun He & Heng-fu Zou, 2016. "Does inflation cause growth in the reform-era China? Theory and evidence," CEMA Working Papers 601, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Catao, Luis A.V. & Terrones, Marco E., 2005. "Fiscal deficits and inflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 529-554, April.
- Lin, Hsin-Yi & Chu, Hao-Pang, 2013. "Are fiscal deficits inflationary?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 214-233.
- Yaya Keho, 2016. "Budget deficits, money supply and price level in West Africa," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 4(5), pages 1-8, October.
- Ilker Domac, 2003. "Explaining and Forecasting Inflation in Turkey," Working Papers 0306, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Khieu Van, Hoang, 2014. "Budget deficit, money growth and inflation: Empirical evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 54488, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Feb 2014.
- Ghulam Rasool Madni, 2014. "Taxation, Fiscal Deficit and Inflation in Pakistan," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 17(53), pages 41-60, September.
- Muhammad Omer & Jakob De Haan & Bert Scholtens, 2015.
"An empirical analysis of excess interbank liquidity: a case study of Pakistan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(44), pages 4754-4776, March.
- Muhammad, Omer & de Haan, Jakob & Scholtens, Bert, 2014. "An Empirical Analysis of Excess Interbank Liquidity: A Case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 56143, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Omer & Jakob de Haan & Bert Scholtens, 2014. "An Empirical Analysis of Excess Interbank Liquidity: A Case Study of Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 69, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Ignacio Lozano, 2009.
"Budget Deficit, Money Growth and Inflation: Evidence from the Colombian case,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 65-95, January-J.
- Ignacio Lozano, 2008. "Budget Deficit, Money Growth and Inflation: Evidence from the Colombian Case," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 005127, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ignacio Lozano, 2008. "Budget Deficit, Money Growth and Inflation: Evidence from the Colombian Case," Borradores de Economia 537, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Hove, Seedwell & Tchana Tchana, Fulbert & Touna Mama, Albert, 2017.
"Do monetary, fiscal and financial institutions really matter for inflation targeting in emerging market economies?,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 128-149.
- Seedwell Hove & Albert Touna Mama & Fulbert Tchana Tchana, 2011. "Do Monetary, Fiscal and Financial Institutions Really Matter for Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market Economies?," Working Papers 247, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Jalil, Abdul & Tariq, Rabbia & Bibi, Nazia, 2014. "Fiscal deficit and inflation: New evidences from Pakistan using a bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 120-126.
- Ghura, Dhaneshwar, 1995. "Effects of macroeconomic policies on income growth, inflation, and output growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 367-395, August.
- Alpanda, Sami & Honig, Adam, 2010. "Political monetary cycles and a de facto ranking of central bank independence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1003-1023, October.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1998. "Public sector layoffs, credibility and the dynamics of inflation in a simple macromodel," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 115-140, June.
- Jean-Claude Nachega, 2005. "Fiscal Dominance and Inflation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo," IMF Working Papers 05/221, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:9:y:1990:i:4:p:455-469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .