Common stock returns, real activity, money, and inflation: Some international evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferson, Wayne E. & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997.
"Fundamental determinants of national equity market returns: A perspective on conditional asset pricing,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1625-1665, December.
- Wayne E. Ferson & Campbell R. Harvey, 1996. "Fundamental Determinants of National Equity Market Returns: A Perspective on Conditional Asset Pricing," NBER Working Papers 5860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K. Chaudhuri & S. Smiles, 2004. "Stock market and aggregate economic activity: evidence from Australia," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 121-129.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:54:y:2018:i:c:p:15-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Faff & Richard Heaney, 1999. "An examination of the relationship between Australian industry equity returns and expected inflation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 915-933.
- Christou, Christina & Gupta, Rangan & Nyakabawo, Wendy & Wohar, Mark E., 2018.
"Do house prices hedge inflation in the US? A quantile cointegration approach,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 15-26.
- Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta & Wendy Nyakabawo & Mark E. Wohar, 2017. "Do House Prices Hedge Inflation in the US? A Quantile Cointegration Approach," Working Papers 201707, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mala Raghavan & Mardi Dungey, 2015.
"Should ASEAN-5 monetary policy-makers act pre-emptively against stock market bubbles?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(11), pages 1086-1105, March.
- Raghavan, Mala & Dungey, Mardi, 2014. "Should ASEAN-5 Monetary Policymakers Act Pre-emptively Against Stock Market Bubbles?," Working Papers 2014-04, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 2014.
- Lee, S. R. & Tang, D. P. & Wong, K. Matthew, 2000. "Stock returns during the German hyperinflation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 375-386.
- Bharat Kolluri & Mahmoud Wahab, 2008. "Stock returns and expected inflation: evidence from an asymmetric test specification," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 371-395, May.
- Bai, Jushan & Ando, Tomohiro, 2013. "Multifactor asset pricing with a large number of observable risk factors and unobservable common and group-specific factors," MPRA Paper 52785, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2013.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Lilian K., 1998. "International evidence on the stock market and aggregate economic activity," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 281-296, September.
- Andrew Phiri, 2017.
"The Unemployment-Stock Market Relationship in South Africa: Evidence from Symmetric and Asymmetric Cointegration Models,"
Managing Global Transitions,
University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 15(3 (Fall)), pages 231-254.
- Tapa, Nosipho & Tom, Zandile & Lekoma, Molebogeng & Ebersohn, J. & Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "The unemployment-stock market relationship in South Africa: Evidence from symmetric and asymmetric cointegration models," MPRA Paper 74101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilson, Christopher M. & Brailsford, Timothy J. & Hooper, Vincent J., 2001. "Selecting macroeconomic variables as explanatory factors of emerging stock market returns," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 401-426, August.
- Dimitrios Subeniotis & Dimitrios Papadopoulos & Ioannis Tampakoudis & Athina Tampakoudi, 2011. "How Inflation, Market Capitalization, Industrial Production and the Economic Sentiment Indicator Affect the EU-12 Stock Markets," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1), pages 105-120.
- Wayne Ferson & Campbell R. Harvey, 1994.
"An Exploratory Investigation of the Fundamental Determinants of National Equity Market Returns,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Internationalization of Equity Markets, pages 59-147
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wayne E. Ferson & Campbell R. Harvey, 1993. "An Exploratory Investigation of the Fundamental Determinants of National Equity Market Returns," NBER Working Papers 4595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard A. Ajayi & Mbodja Mougouė, 1996. "On The Dynamic Relation Between Stock Prices And Exchange Rates," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 193-207, June.
- Elizabeth Yobaccio & Jack H. Rubens & David C. Ketcham, 1995. "The Inflation-Hedging Properties of Risk Assets: The Case of REITs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(3), pages 279-296.
- Najand, Mohammad & Noronha, Gregory, 1998. "Causal relations among stock returns, inflation, real activity, and interest rates: Evidence from Japan," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 71-80.
- Abugri, Benjamin A., 2008. "Empirical relationship between macroeconomic volatility and stock returns: Evidence from Latin American markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 396-410.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Solnik, Bruno & Solnik, Vincent, 1997. "A multi-country test of the Fisher model for stock returns," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 289-301, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:4:y:1985:i:2:p:267-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.