Differences between foreign exchange rate regimes: The view from the tails
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lera, Sandro Claudio & Sornette, Didier, 2016. "Quantitative modelling of the EUR/CHF exchange rate during the target zone regime of September 2011 to January 2015," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 28-47.
- Cem PAYASLIOGLU, "undated". "A Tail Index Tour across Foreign Exchange Regimes in Turkey," Middle East and North Africa 330400049, EcoMod.
- Kai-Li Wang & Christopher Fawson & Christopher B. Barrett & James B. McDonald, 2001.
"A flexible parametric GARCH model with an application to exchange rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 521-536.
- Wang, Kai-Li & Fawson, Christopher B. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McDonald, James B., 1998. "A Flexible Parametric Garch Model With An Application To Exchange Rates," Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers 28355, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Andrea Pescatori & Amadou N R Sy, 2007. "Are Debt Crises Adequately Defined?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 306-337, June.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- João Nicolau & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues, 2015. "A New Regression-Based Tail Index Estimator: An Application to Exchange Rates," Working Papers w201514, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Segnon, Mawuli & Lux, Thomas, 2013. "Multifractal models in finance: Their origin, properties, and applications," Kiel Working Papers 1860, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ibragimov Marat & Khamidov Rufat, 2010. "Heavy-Tailedness and Volatility in Emerging Foreign Exchange Markets: Theory and Empirics," EERC Working Paper Series 10/06e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Phornchanok Cumperayot, 2015. "Stability of Thai Baht: Tales from the Tails," PIER Discussion Papers 1., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Sep 2015.
- De Grauwe, Paul & Grimaldi, Marianna, 2005. "Heterogeneity of agents, transactions costs and the exchange rate," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 691-719, April.
- Broussard, John Paul & Booth, G. Geoffrey, 1998. "The behavior of extreme values in Germany's stock index futures: An application to intradaily margin setting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 393-402, February.
- Reza Siregar & Victor Pontines, 2005.
"Incidences of Speculative Attacks on Rupiah During The Pre- and Post-1997 Financial Crisis,"
Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers
2005-04, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Reza Siregar & Victor Pontines, 2005. "Incidence of Speculative Attacks on Rupiah During the Pre- and Post- 1997 Financial Crisis," School of Economics Working Papers 2005-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel Voia, 2015.
"Identifying extreme values of exchange market pressure,"
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1055-1078, May.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel-Cristian Voia, 2011. "Identifying Extreme Values of Exchange Market Pressure," Carleton Economic Papers 11-10, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza, 2007. "The Yen, the US dollar, and the trade weighted basket of currencies: Does the choice of anchor currencies matter in identifying incidences of speculative attacks?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 214-235, March.
- Engel, Charles & Hakkio, Craig S, 1996.
"The Distribution of Exchange Rates in the EMS,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 55-67, January.
- Charles Engel & Craig S. Hakkio, 1994. "The Distribution of Exchange Rates in the EMS," NBER Working Papers 4834, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Engel & Craig S. Hakkio, 1994. "The distribution of exchange rates in the EMS," Research Working Paper 94-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- John Cotter, 2005.
"Tail behaviour of the euro,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 827-840.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Tail Behaviour of the Euro," MPRA Paper 3531, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Tail Behaviour of the Euro," Papers 1103.5418, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Tail Behaviour of the Euro," Working Papers 200417, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Lim, G. C. & Lye, J. N. & Martin, G. M. & Martin*, V. L., 1998. "The distribution of exchange rate returns and the pricing of currency options," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 351-368, August.
- Reza Siregar & Victor Pontines, 2004. "Successful and Unsuccessful Attacks: Evaluating the Stability of the East Asian Currencies," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2004-04, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- De Grauwe, Paul & Rovira Kaltwasser, Pablo, 2012. "Animal spirits in the foreign exchange market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1176-1192.
- Lestano & Jacobs, Jan P.A.M., 2004. "A comparison of currency crisis dating methods: East Asia 1970-2002," CCSO Working Papers 200412, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Ibragimov, Marat & Ibragimov, Rustam & Kattuman, Paul, 2013. "Emerging markets and heavy tails," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2546-2559.
- Pozo, Susan & Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina, 2003. "Statistical distributions and the identification of currency crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 591-609, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:11:y:1992:i:5:p:462-473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.