Has There Been a Capital Crunch in Banking? The Effects on Bank Lending of Real Estate Market Conditions and Bank Capital Shortfalls
No abstract is available for this item.
- Allen N. Berger & Margaret K. Kyle & Joseph M. Scalise, 2001.
"Did U.S. Bank Supervisors Get Tougher during the Credit Crunch? Did They Get Easier during the Banking Boom? Did It Matter to Bank Lending?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 301-356
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & Margaret K. Kyle & Joseph M. Scalise, 2000. "Did U.S. bank supervisors get tougher during the credit crunch? Did they get easier during the banking boom? Did it matter to bank lending?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Margaret K. Kyle & Joseph M. Scalise, 2000. "Did U.S. Bank Supervisors Get Tougher During the Credit Crunch? Did They Get Easier During the Banking Boom? Did It Matter to Bank Lending?," NBER Working Papers 7689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlson, Mark & Shan, Hui & Warusawitharana, Missaka, 2013. "Capital ratios and bank lending: A matched bank approach," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 663-687.
- Mark A. Carlson & Hui Shan & Missaka Warusawitharana, 2011. "Capital ratios and bank lending: a matched bank approach," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-34, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bai, Y., 2015. "Essays in empirical banking," Other publications TiSEM 1dfac126-8206-4aca-a15d-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:finana:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:102-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra & Francisco Vitorino Martins, 2016. "Real estate market risk in bank stock returns: evidence for 15 European countries," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 142-155, June.
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra, 2012. "Real Estate Market Risk in Bank Stock Returns: Evidence for 15 European Countries," CEF.UP Working Papers 1203, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- O'Brien, Martin & Whelan, Karl, 2014. "Changes in Bank Leverage: Evidence from US Bank Holding Companies," Research Technical Papers 01/RT/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Martin D. O'Brien & Karl Whelan, 2014. "Changes in bank leverage: evidence from US bank holding companies," Working Papers 201404, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Berger, Allen N. & Herring, Richard J. & Szego, Giorgio P., 1995. "The role of capital in financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 393-430, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szegö, 1995. "The Role of Capital in Financial Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szego, 1995. "The role of capital in financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Markus Behn & Marco Gross & Tuomas Peltonen, 2016. "Assessing the costs and benefits of capital-based macroprudential policy," ESRB Working Paper Series 17, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Robert DeYoung & Anne Gron & Andrew Winton, 2005. "Risk overhang and loan portfolio decisions," Working Paper Series WP-05-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Ronja Lind, 2017. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Working and Discussion Papers WP 5/2017, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Jiménez, G. & Ongena, S. & Peydro, J.L. & Saurina, J., 2012. "Macroprudential Policy, Countercyclical Bank Capital Buffers and Credit Supply : Evidence from the Spanish Dynamic Provisioning Experiments," Discussion Paper 2012-036, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José-Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2012. "Macroprudential policy, countercyclical bank capital buffers and credit supply: Evidence from the Spanish dynamic provisioning experiments," Working Paper Research 231, National Bank of Belgium.
- Uluc Aysun & Stefan Avdjiev & Ralf Hepp, 2017. "What drives local lending by global banks?," Working Papers 2017-02, University of Central Florida, Department of Economics.
- Bidder, Rhys & Krainer, John & Shapiro, Adam Hale, 2017. "De-leveraging or de-risking? How banks cope with loss," Working Paper Series 2017-3, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:3:y:1993:i:1:p:31-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed