Mobility and destination in migration decisions: The roles of earnings, quality of life, and housing prices
No abstract is available for this item.
- White, Nancy E., 2008. "Personal Perspectives on Amenities and Migration," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-7.
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Life (dis)satisfaction and the intention to migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 40-49.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2011. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 306, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2012. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp460, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2012. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp570, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Korpi, Martin & Clark, William, 2013. "Human Capital Theory And Internal Migration: Do Average Outcomes Distort Our View Of Migrant Motives?," Ratio Working Papers 213, The Ratio Institute.
- Plantinga, Andrew J. & Détang-Dessendre, Cécile & Hunt, Gary L. & Piguet, Virginie, 2013. "Housing prices and inter-urban migration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 296-306.
- Cecile Detang-Dessendre & Gary Hunt & Virginie Piguet & Andrew Plantinga, 2011. "Housing Prices and Inter-urban Migration," ERSA conference papers ersa11p938, European Regional Science Association.
- Antonio Avalos, 2010. "Migration, Unemployment, And Wages: The Case Of The California San Joaquin Valley," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 123-135, 01.
- Clark, David E. & Herrin, William E. & Knapp, Thomas A. & White, Nancy E., 2006. "Incomplete Compensation and Migration Behavior: Has Anything Changed Between 1990 and 2000?," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2).
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Mattey, Joe P. & Wascher, William L., 2003. "Compensating differentials and evolution in the quality-of-life among U.S. states," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 619-649, September.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Joe P. Mattey & William L. Wascher, 1996. "Compensating differentials and evolution of the quality-of-life among U.S. states," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 96-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Donald Haurin & David Brasington, 1996. "The Impact of School Quality on Real House Prices: Interjurisdictional Effects," Working Papers 010, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Li-Min Hsueh & Chung-Wen Li & Hsi-Peng Tseng, 2002. "The Population Migration in Taiwan, and its Causal Relationship with Labor Market and Housing Market," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 61-90.
- Arthur Grimes & Judd Ormsby & Kate Preston, 2017. "Wages, Wellbeing and Location: Slaving Away in Sydney or Cruising on the Gold Coast," Working Papers 17_07, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- William Herrin & John Knight & Arsene Balihuta, 2009. "Migration and Wealth Accumulation in Uganda," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 165-179, August.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2008. "Compensating differentials in emerging labor and housing markets: Estimates of quality of life in Russian cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 25-55, January.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2003. "Compensating Differentials in Emerging Labor and Housing Markets: Estimates of Quality of Life in Russian Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Falco, Chiara & Rotondi, Valentina, 2016. "The Less Extreme, the More You Leave: Radical Islam and Willingness to Migrate," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 122-133.
- Chiara FALCO & Valentina ROTONDI, 2016. "The Less Extreme, the More You Leave: Radical Islam and Willingness to Migrate," Departmental Working Papers 2016-04, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Cragg, Michael & Kahn, Matthew, 1997. "New Estimates of Climate Demand: Evidence from Location Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 261-284, September.
- Zheng, Siqi & Kahn, Matthew E. & Liu, Hongyu, 2010. "Towards a system of open cities in China: Home prices, FDI flows and air quality in 35 major cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn & Hongyu Liu, 2009. "Towards a System of Open Cities in China: Home Prices, FDI Flows and Air Quality in 35 Major Cities," NBER Working Papers 14751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Clark, 2004. "Amenity Valuation, Incomplete Compensation and Migration," Working Papers and Research 0402, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:2:y:1992:i:1:p:37-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed