Mobility and destination in migration decisions: The roles of earnings, quality of life, and housing prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mairead de Roiste & Apostolos Fasianos & Robert Kirkby & Fang Yao, 2019. "Household Leverage and Asymmetric Housing Wealth Effects- Evidence from New Zealand," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2019/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Plantinga, Andrew J. & Détang-Dessendre, Cécile & Hunt, Gary L. & Piguet, Virginie, 2013. "Housing prices and inter-urban migration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 296-306.
- Clark, David E. & Herrin, William E. & Knapp, Thomas A. & White, Nancy E., 2006. "Incomplete Compensation and Migration Behavior: Has Anything Changed Between 1990 and 2000?," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2), pages 1-13.
- William Herrin & John Knight & Arsene Balihuta, 2009. "Migration and Wealth Accumulation in Uganda," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 165-179, August.
- Xin DONG & Weihua ZHOU, 2016. "Housing Affordability and Permanent Migration Intention of Rural-Urban Migrants," Chinese Journal of Urban and Environmental Studies (CJUES), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(02), pages 1-12, June.
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Mattey, Joe P. & Wascher, William L., 2003.
"Compensating differentials and evolution in the quality-of-life among U.S. states,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 619-649, September.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Joe P. Mattey & William L. Wascher, 1996. "Compensating differentials and evolution of the quality-of-life among U.S. states," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 96-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Life (dis)satisfaction and the intention to migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 40-49.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2011. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 306, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2012. "Life (Dis)satisfaction and the Decision to Migrate: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp460, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Olga Popova, 2012. "Life (dis)satisfaction and the decision to migrate: evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp570, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Korpi, Martin & Clark, William, 2013. "Human Capital Theory And Internal Migration: Do Average Outcomes Distort Our View Of Migrant Motives?," Ratio Working Papers 213, The Ratio Institute.
- Antonio Avalos, 2010. "Migration, Unemployment, And Wages: The Case Of The California San Joaquin Valley," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 123-135, January.
- Gohl, Niklas, 2019. "House prices and spatial mobility: Lock-in effects on the German rental market," VfS Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203557, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Zheng, Siqi & Kahn, Matthew E. & Liu, Hongyu, 2010.
"Towards a system of open cities in China: Home prices, FDI flows and air quality in 35 major cities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn & Hongyu Liu, 2009. "Towards a System of Open Cities in China: Home Prices, FDI Flows and Air Quality in 35 Major Cities," NBER Working Papers 14751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald Haurin & David Brasington, 1996. "The Impact of School Quality on Real House Prices: Interjurisdictional Effects," Working Papers 010, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Li-Min Hsueh & Chung-Wen Li & Hsi-Peng Tseng, 2002. "The Population Migration in Taiwan, and its Causal Relationship with Labor Market and Housing Market," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 5(1), pages 61-90.
- Falco, Chiara & Rotondi, Valentina, 2016. "The Less Extreme, the More You Leave: Radical Islam and Willingness to Migrate," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 122-133.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2008.
"Compensating differentials in emerging labor and housing markets: Estimates of quality of life in Russian cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 25-55, January.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2003. "Compensating Differentials in Emerging Labor and Housing Markets: Estimates of Quality of Life in Russian Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 900, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David E. Clark, 2004. "Amenity Valuation, Incomplete Compensation and Migration," Working Papers and Research 0402, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
- Chiara FALCO & Valentina ROTONDI, 2016. "The Less Extreme, the More You Leave: Radical Islam and Willingness to Migrate," Departmental Working Papers 2016-04, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- White, Nancy E., 2008. "Personal Perspectives on Amenities and Migration," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-7.
- Arthur Grimes & Judd Ormsby & Kate Preston, 2017. "Wages, Wellbeing and Location: Slaving Away in Sydney or Cruising on the Gold Coast," Working Papers 17_07, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Cragg, Michael & Kahn, Matthew, 1997. "New Estimates of Climate Demand: Evidence from Location Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 261-284, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:2:y:1992:i:1:p:37-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.