Did Medicare's Prospective Payment System cause length of stay to fall?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Afendulis & Daniel Kessler, 2011. "Vertical Integration and Optimal Reimbursement Policy," NBER Working Papers 17316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sood, Neeraj & Alpert, Abby & Barnes, Kayleigh & Huckfeldt, Peter & Escarce, José J., 2017.
"Effects of payment reform in more versus less competitive markets,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 66-83.
- Neeraj Sood & Abby Alpert & Kayleigh Barnes & Peter Huckfeldt & Jose Escarce, 2015. "Effects of Payment Reform in More versus Less Competitive Markets," NBER Working Papers 21654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Papanicolas, Irene & McGuire, Alistair, 2015. "Do financial incentives trump clinical guidance? Hip Replacement in England and Scotland," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 25-36.
- Theurl, Engelbert & Winner, Hannes, 2007. "The impact of hospital financing on the length of stay: Evidence from Austria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 375-389, August.
- Xufeng Qian & Louise Russell & Elmira Valiyeva & Jane Miller, 2005. "New Evidence on Medicare's Prospective Payment System: A Survival Analysis based on the NHANES I Epidemiologic Followup Study," Departmental Working Papers 200506, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Perelman, Julian & Shmueli, Amir & Closon, Marie-Christine, 2008. "Deriving a risk-adjustment formula for hospital financing: Integrating the impact of socio-economic status on length of stay," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 88-98, January.
- Biorn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2006.
"Heterogeneity in Hospitals' Responses to a Financial Reform: A Random Coefficient Analysis of The Impact of Activity-Based Financing on Efficiency,"
8169, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric, Biørn & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Heterogenety in hospitals responses to a financial reform: A random coefficient analysis of the impact of activity-based financing on efficiency," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2006:9, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Kaestner, Robert & Guardado, Jose, 2008. "Medicare reimbursement, nurse staffing, and patient outcomes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 339-361, March.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1996.
"Hospital response to prospective payment: Moral hazard, selection, and practice-style effects,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 257-277, June.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1994. "Hospital Response to Prospective Payment: Moral Hazard, Selection, and Practice-Style Effects," Papers 0050, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Hanjo M. Koehler, 2006. "Yardstick Competition when Quality is Endogenous: The Case of Hospital Regulation," Working Papers 013, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Sood, Neeraj & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Grabowski, David C. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Escarce, José J., 2013.
"The effect of prospective payment on admission and treatment policy: Evidence from inpatient rehabilitation facilities,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 965-979.
- Neeraj Sood & Peter J. Huckfeldt & David C. Grabowski & Joseph P. Newhouse & José J. Escarce, 2011. "The Effect of Prospective Payment on Admission and Treatment Policy: Evidence from Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities," NBER Working Papers 17125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cfr:cefirw:w0181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xufeng Qian & Louise Russell & Elmira Valiyeva & Jane Miller, 2007. "Medicare's Prospective Payment System for Hospitals: New Evidence on Transitions Among Health Care Settings," Departmental Working Papers 200707, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Björn A. Kuchinke & Ansgar Wübker, 2009. "Defizite von öffentlichen Allgemeinkrankenhäusern in Deutschland: Empirische Befunde von 1998 bis 2004 und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(3), pages 290-308, August.
- Socha-Dietrich, Karolina & Zweifel, Peter, 2014. "Creaming and Dumping: Who on Whom?," COHERE Working Paper 2014:4, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2014. "Heterogeneous effect of coinsurance rate on healthcare costs: generalized finite mixtures and matching estimators," Discussion Papers 14-014, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Christopher Afendulis & Daniel Kessler, 2011. "Vertical integration and optimal reimbursement policy," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 165-179, September.
- Gabriel Picone & R. Mark Wilson & Shin-Yi Chou, 2003. "Analysis of hospital length of stay and discharge destination using hazard functions with unmeasured heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1021-1034.
- Mingshan Lu & Ching-to Albert Ma & Lasheng Yuan, 2003.
"Risk selection and matching in performance-based contracting,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 339-354.
- Mingshan Lu & Ching-to Albert Ma & Lasheng Yuan, 2000. "Risk Selection and Matching in Performance-Based Contracting," Papers 0101, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:7:y:1988:i:4:p:413-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.