The Marketing of Closed-end Fund IPOs: Evidence from Transactions Data
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Ors, Evren & Peterson, Mark A. & Seguin, Paul J., 2004.
"Margin regulation and market quality: a microstructure analysis,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 549-574, September.
- Evren Ors & Gordon J. Alexander & Mark A. Peterson & Paul J. Seguin, 2004. "Margin regulation and market quality: a microstructure analysis," Post-Print hal-00460981, HAL.
- Reichert, Carolyn & Timmons, J. Douglas, 1998. "Closed-End Investment Companies: Historic Returns and Investment Strategies," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 83-93.
- Dunbar, Craig G., 1998. "The Choice between Firm-Commitment and Best-Efforts Offering Methods in IPOs: The Effect of Unsuccessful Offers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 60-90, January.
- Bayley, Luke & Lee, Philip J. & Walter, Terry S., 2006. "IPO flipping in Australia: cross-sectional explanations," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 327-348, September.
- Biais, Bruno & Faugeron-Crouzet, Anne Marie, 2002. "IPO Auctions: English, Dutch, ... French, and Internet," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 9-36, January.
- Biais, Bruno & Faugeron-Crouzet, Anne-Marie, 2000. "IPO Auctions: English, Dutch, ... French and Internet," IDEI Working Papers 104, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Hsuan-Chi Chen & Chiuling Lu, 2006. "How Much Do REITs Pay for Their IPOs?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 105-125, September.
- Chen, Zhaohui & Wilhelm Jr., William J., 2008. "A theory of the transition to secondary market trading of IPOs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 219-236, December.
- Davies, Richard & Fletcher, Mary & Marshall, Andrew, 2013. "Investigating the role of illiquidity in explaining the UK closed-end country fund discount," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 121-130.
- Flannery, Mark J., 1998. "Comment on Benveniste, Erdal and Wilhelm, Jr," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 768-772, August.
- Nanda, Vikram & Yun, Youngkeol, 1997. "Reputation and Financial Intermediation: An Empirical Investigation of the Impact of IPO Mispricing on Underwriter Market Value," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-63, January.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & M. Erdal, Sina & Wilhelm Jr., William J., 1998. "Who benefits from secondary market price stabilization of IOPs?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 741-767, August.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Fishe, Raymond P. H., 2004. "Underwriter short covering in the IPO aftermarket: a clinical study," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 575-594, September.
- Carter, Richard B. & Strader, Troy J., 2009. "The market versus the analyst: Biases and predictive ability," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 398-416, May.
- Edwards, Amy K. & Hanley, Kathleen Weiss, 2010. "Short selling in initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 21-39, October.
- Leite, Tore, 2004. "Excess initial returns in IPOs," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 359-377, July.
- Patro, Dilip Kumar, 2001. "Measuring performance of international closed-end funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1741-1767, September.
- Matthew Spiegel, 1998. "Closed-End Fund Discounts in a Rational Agent Economy," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm80, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2000.
- Dylan Thomas & Gordon Gemmill, 2002. "Noise Training, Costly Arbitrage and Asset Prices: evidence from closed-end funds," Working Papers wp02-09, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Katharina, Lewellen, 2004. "Risk, Reputation, and the Price Support of IPOs," Working papers 4453-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:5:y:1996:i:2:p:127-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed