Informational externalities of seasoned equity issues : Differences between banks and industrial firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elyas Elyasiani & Loretta J. Mester & Michael S. Pagano, 2011.
"Large capital infusions, investor reactions, and the return and risk performance of financial institutions over the business cycle and recent finanical crisis,"
11-46, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Elyas Elyasiani & Loretta J. Mester & Michael S. Pagano, 2013. "Large capital infusions, investor reactions, and the return and risk performance of financial institutions over the business cycle and recent finanical crisis," Working Papers 13-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- McGilvery, Andrew & Faff, Robert & Pathan, Shams, 2012. "Competitive valuation effects of Australian IPOs," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 74-83.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mester, Loretta J. & Pagano, Michael S., 2014. "Large capital infusions, investor reactions, and the return and risk-performance of financial institutions over the business cycle," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 62-81.
- Guo Li & Lee Sanning & Sherrill Shaffer, 2009. "Statistical Opacity In The U.S. Banking Industry," CAMA Working Papers 2009-16, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Nohel, Tom, 1996. "The stock-market reaction to dividend cuts and omissions by commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1485-1508, November.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Nohel, Tom, 2000. "Asymmetric information, dividend reductions, and contagion effects in bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1831-1848, November.
- Tao Zhang & Larry A. Cox & Robert A. Van Ness, 2009. "Adverse Selection and the Opaqueness of Insurers," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(2), pages 295-321.
- Elyas Elyasiani & Elena Kalotychou & Sotiris Staikouras & Gang Zhao, 2015. "Return and Volatility Spillover among Banks and Insurers: Evidence from Pre-Crisis and Crisis Periods," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 21-52, August.
- Sengupta, Rajdeep & Black, Lamont K. & Floros , Ioannis, 2016. "Raising capital when the going gets tough: U.S. bank equity issuance from 2001 to 2014," Research Working Paper RWP 16-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2000. "Information-signaling and competitive effects of foreign acquisitions in the US," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1307-1321, August.
- Larry D. Wall & Pamela P. Peterson, 1996. "Banks' responses to binding regulatory capital requirements," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Mar, pages 1-17.
- Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2010. "Liquidity, Bank Runs, and Bailouts: Spillover Effects During the Northern Rock Episode," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 83-98, June.
- Drobetz, Wolfgang & Erdmann, Thomas & Zimmermann, Heinz, 2007. "Predictability in the cross-section of European bank stock returns," Working papers 2007/21, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Bradley, Daniel & Yuan, Xiaojing, 2013. "Information spillovers around seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 106-118.
- Valeriya Dinger & Vlad Marincas & Francesco Vallascas, 2018. "Systemic Effects of Bank Equity Issues: Competition, Stabilization and Contagion," Working Papers 111, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Jones, Jeffrey S. & Lee, Wayne Y. & Yeager, Timothy J., 2012. "Opaque banks, price discovery, and financial instability," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 383-408.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura, 1999. "Intraindustry Effects of Bank Stock Repurchases," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 23-36, February.
- Hu, Haoshen & Kaspereit, Thomas & Prokop, Jörg, 2016. "The information content of issuer rating changes: Evidence for the G7 stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 99-108.
- Carmen Cotei & Joseph Farhat, 2013. "Informational externalities of initial public offerings: Does venture capital backing matter?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(1), pages 80-99, January.
- Acharya, Viral V & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2003. "Information Contagion and Inter-Bank Correlation in a Theory of Systemic Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 3743, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A., 2003. "Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 817-850, May.
- Julie Cagle & Amit Sen & James Pawlukiewicz, 2009. "Inter-industry differences in layoff announcement effects for financial institutions," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 33(1), pages 100-110, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:32:y:1992:i:1:p:87-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.