An empirical analysis of the incentives to engage in costly information acquisition : The case of risk arbitrage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matt Glendening & Inder K. Khurana & Wei Wang, 2016. "The market for corporate control and dividend policies: Cross-country evidence from M&A laws," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(9), pages 1106-1134, December.
- Armstrong, Christopher S. & Balakrishnan, Karthik & Cohen, Daniel, 2012. "Corporate governance and the information environment: Evidence from state antitakeover laws," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-204.
- Supreena Narayanan, 2004. "Risk Arbitrage In U.S. Financial Markets," Finance 0410017, EconWPA.
- Francesca Cornelli & David D. Li, "undated". "Risk Arbitrage in Takeovers," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 17-98, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Cornelli, Francesca & Li, David Daokui, 1998. "Risk Arbitrage in Takeovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Buehlmaier, Matthias M. M. & Zechner, Josef, 2016. "Financial media, price discovery, and merger arbitrage," CFS Working Paper Series 551, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Louis, Henock, 2005. "Acquirers' abnormal returns and the non-Big 4 auditor clientele effect," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 75-99, December.
- Francesca Cornelli & David D. Li, 2002. "Risk Arbitrage in Takeovers," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 837-868.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert, 2015. "Corporate governance, firm value and risk: Past, present, and future," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PA), pages 1-12.
- Armo Gomes, 2001. "Takeovers, Freezeouts, and Risk Arbitrage," Penn CARESS Working Papers c4679b705ea88aebda985c6da, Penn Economics Department.
- Supreena Narayanan, 2004. "Risk Arbitrage-U.S. Financial Markets," Finance 0411002, EconWPA.
- Supreena Narayanan, 2004. "Risk Arbitrage in U.S. Financial Markets," Finance 0411001, EconWPA.
- Andrey Golubov & Dimitris Petmezas & Nickolaos G. Travlos, 2013. "Empirical mergers and acquisitions research: a review of methods, evidence and managerial implications," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 12, pages 287-313 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles & Choe, Hyuk, 2001. "Share repurchase tender offers and bid-ask spreads," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 445-478, March.
- Beunza, Daniel & Stark, David, 2012. "From dissonance to resonance: cognitive interdependence in quantitative finance," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45604, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ferguson, Michael F, 1994. "Ownership Structure, Potential Competition, and the Free-Rider Problem in Tender Offers," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 35-62, April.
- Lys, Thomas & Vincent, Linda, 1995. "An analysis of value destruction in AT&T's acquisition of NCR," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 353-378.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:23-45 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:18:y:1987:i:1:p:111-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.