The valuation of floating-rate instruments : Theory and evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the pricing of contingent claims and the Modigliani-Miller theorem," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 241-249, November.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1142-1151, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 1462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations," Working papers 353, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Roberts, Kevin & Weitzman, Martin L, 1981.
"Funding Criteria for Research, Development, and Exploration Projects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1261-1288, September.
- M. L. Weitzman & K. Roberts, 1979. "Funding Criteria for Research, Development and Exploration Projects," Working papers 234, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majd, Saman., 1983. "Calculating abandonment value using option pricing theory," Working papers 1462-83., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Fischer, Stanley & Merton, Robert C., 1984.
"Macroeconomics and finance: The role of the stock market,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, pages 57-108.
- Stanley Fischer & Robert C. Merton, 1984. "Macroeconomics and Finance: The Role of the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 1291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Robert McDonald & Daniel R. Siegel, 1982. "Investment and the Valuation of Firms When There is an Option to Shut Down," Discussion Papers 529S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Martin L. Weitzman & Whitney Newey & Michael Rabin, 1981. "Sequential R&D Strategy for Synfuels," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 574-590, Autumn.
- Geske, Robert & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1985. "Valuation by Approximation: A Comparison of Alternative Option Valuation Techniques," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 45-71, March.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Kenneth J. Arrow & Anthony C. Fisher, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-319.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1980. "The Effects of Uncertainty on Investment under Risk Neutrality with Endogenous Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 462-475, June.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1978. "Finite Difference Methods and Jump Processes Arising in the Pricing of Contingent Claims: A Synthesis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 461-474, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McConnell, John J. & Saretto, Alessio, 2010. "Auction failures and the market for auction rate securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 451-469, September.
- Isil Erol & Kanak Patel, 2007. "Pricing the Default Option of Inflation-Indexed Mortgages Using Explicit Finite Difference Method," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 48-92.
- Finnerty, John D., 2015. "Valuing convertible bonds and the option to exchange bonds for stock," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 91-115.
- Viral V. Acharya & Jennifer N. Carpenter, 2002.
"Corporate Bond Valuation and Hedging with Stochastic Interest Rates and Endogenous Bankruptcy,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1355-1383.
- Acharya, Viral V & Carpenter, Jennifer, 2002. "Corporate Bond Valuation and Hedging with Stochastic Interest Rates and Endogenous Bankruptcy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3328, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jarrow, Robert A. & Turnbull, Stuart M., 2000. "The intersection of market and credit risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 271-299, January.
- Bruno Solnik, 1991. "Finance Theory and Investment Management," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 127(III), pages 303-324, September.
- Jobst, Andreas A., 2002. "The Pricing puzzle: The default term structure of collateralised loan obligations," CFS Working Paper Series 2002/14, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Sanjiv Ranjan Das & Rangarajan K. Sundaram, 1998. "A Direct Approach to Arbitrage-Free Pricing of Derivatives," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-013, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Alex W.H. Chan & Nai-fu Chen, 2006. "Convertible Bond Underpricing: Renegotiable Covenants, Seasoning and Convergence (Published in "Management Science", Vol. 53, No. 11, November 2007, pp. 1793.1814. )," CARF F-Series CARF-F-075, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Cossin, Didier & Pirotte, Hugues, 1997.
"Swap credit risk: An empirical investigation on transaction data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1351-1373, October.
- Hugues Pirotte & Didier Cossin, 1997. "Swap Credit Risk: An Empirical Investigation on Transaction Data," Working Papers CEB 97-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gibson, Rajna & Lhabitant, Francois-Serge & Talay, Denis, 2010. "Modeling the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A Review of the Literature," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 5(1–2), pages 1-156, December.
- Andreas Jobst, 2002.
"Loan Securitisation: Default Term Structure and Asset Pricing Based on Loss Prioritisation,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp422, Financial Markets Group.
- Jobst, Andreas A., 2002. "Loan securitisation: default term structure and asset pricing based on loss prioritisation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24941, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kung, James J. & Wu, E-Ching, 2013. "An evaluation of some popular investment strategies under stochastic interest rates," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 96-108.
- Jyh-Horng Lin & Min-Li Yi, 2005. "Loan Portfolio Swaps and Optimal Lending," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 177-198, January.
- Augusto Castillo, 2004. "Firm and Corporate Bond Valuation: A Simulation Dynamic Programming Approach," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(124), pages 345-360.
- Breeden, Douglas T. & Gilkeson, James H., 1997. "A path-dependent approach to security valuation with application to interest rate contingent claims," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 541-562, April.
- Alex W.H. Chan & Nai-fu Chen, 2006. "Convertible Bond Underpricing: Renegotiable Covenants, Seasoning and Convergence," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-437, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Saa-Requejo, Jesus & Santa-Clara, Pedro, 1997.
"Bond Pricing with Default Risk,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt3w71g2ch, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Hsu, Jason C. & Saa-Requejo, Jesus & Santa-Clara, Pedro, 2003. "Bond Pricing with Default Risk," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt5bb1j39q, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Fruhwirth, Manfred, 2001. "A pricing model for secondary market yield based floating rate notes subject to default risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 233-248, December.
- Kang, Jangkoo & Kim, Hwa-Sung, 2005. "Pricing counterparty default risks: Applications to FRNs and vulnerable options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 376-392.
- Jan Baldeaux & Fung & Katja Ignatieva & Eckhard Platen, 2015.
"A Hybrid Model for Pricing and Hedging of Long-dated Bonds,"
Applied Mathematical Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 366-398, September.
- Jan Baldeaux & Man Chung Fung & Katja Ignatieva & Eckhard Platen, 2014. "A Hybrid Model for Pricing and Hedging of Long Dated Bonds," Research Paper Series 343, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gary Gorton, "undated".
"The Enforceability of Private Money Contracts, Market Efficiency, and Technological Change,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
19-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton, 1991. "The Enforceability of Private Money Contracts, Market Efficiency, and Technological Change," NBER Working Papers 3645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esteghamat, Kian, 2003. "A boundary crossing model of counterparty risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1771-1799, August.
- Frank S. Nielsen, 2008. "Local polynomial Whittle estimation covering non-stationary fractional processes," CREATES Research Papers 2008-28, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Sanjiv Ranjan Das & Rangarajan K. Sundaram, 2000. "A Discrete-Time Approach to Arbitrage-Free Pricing of Credit Derivatives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(1), pages 46-62, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:17:y:1986:i:2:p:251-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.