Empirical anomalies based on unexpected earnings and the importance of risk adjustments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Battalio, Robert H. & Mendenhall, Richard R., 2005. "Earnings expectations, investor trade size, and anomalous returns around earnings announcements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 289-319, August.
- Norman H. Moore & Stephen W. Pruitt, 1987. "The Market Pricing Of Net Operating Loss Carryforwards: Implications Of The Tax Motivations Of Mergers," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 10(2), pages 153-160, June.
- DuCharme, Larry L. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Sefcik, Stephan E., 2004. "Earnings management, stock issues, and shareholder lawsuits," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 27-49, January.
- Qi Zhang & Charlie Cai & Kevin Keasey, 2014. "The profitability, costs and systematic risk of the post-earnings-announcement-drift trading strategy," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 605-625, October.
- Robert Ślepaczuk, 2004. "Efficiency of the Market of Derivative Instruments Listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 12.
- Louis Cheng & Hung-Gay Fung & Tak Leung, 2007. "Information effects of dividends: Evidence from the Hong Kong market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 23-54, January.
- David Goldbaum, 2003. "Profitable technical trading rules as a source of price instability," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 220-229.
- Chague, Fernando Daniel & De-Losso, Rodrigo & Giovannetti, Bruno Cara, 2018. "Individuals neglect the informational role of prices: evidence from the stock market," Textos para discussão 467, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Suijs, J.P.M., 2002. "Post Earnings Announcement Drift : More Risk than Investors can Bear," Discussion Paper 2002-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Davidson III, Wallace N. & Leung, T.Y., 2011. "Insider trading returns and dividend signals," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 421-429, June.
- Bakera, H. Kent & Powell, Gary E. & Weaver, Daniel G., 1999. "The visibility effects of Amex listing," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 341-361.
- Rassier, Dylan G. & Earnhart, Dietrich, 2015. "Effects of environmental regulation on actual and expected profitability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 129-140.
- Athanassakos, George & Schnabel, Jacques A., 1996. "Stockholder wealth effects of Eurobond financing: A Canadian perspective," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 191-208.
- Ling-Yun He & Sheng Yang & Wen-Si Xie & Zhi-Hong Han, 2014.
"Contemporaneous and Asymmetric Properties in the Price-Volume Relationships in China's Agricultural Futures Markets,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(S1), pages 148-166.
- Ling-Yun He & Sheng Yang & Wen-Si Xie & Zhi-Hong Han, 2014. "Contemporaneous and Asymmetric Properties in the Price-Volume Relationships in China's Agricultural Futures Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1S), pages 148-166, January.
- David Goldbaum, 2000. "Profitability And Market Stability: Fundamentals And Technical Trading Rules," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 85, Society for Computational Economics.
- Hsiao-Peng Fu, 2014. "Seasonality of Earnings Momentum in an Emerging Market: The Taiwan Experiences," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(1), pages 71-80, January.
- Spiegel, Matthew & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2000. "Asymmetric Information and News Disclosure Rules," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 363-403, October.
- Warwick Anderson & Wen Kang, 2018. "The Relative Announcement Effects of Ordinary Dividends, Special Dividends and Share Buybacks in New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 18/02, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Sadka, Ronnie, 2006. "Momentum and post-earnings-announcement drift anomalies: The role of liquidity risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 309-349, May.
- Krauss, Christopher & Beerstecher, Daniel & Krüger, Tom, 2015. "Feasible earnings momentum in the U.S. stock market: An investor's perspective," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 12/2015, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Caitlin Ann Greatrex, 2008. "The Credit Default Swap Market's Reaction to Earnings Announcements," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2008-06, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Cooper, Rick A. & Day, Theodore E. & Lewis, Craig M., 2001. "Following the leader: *1: a study of individual analysts' earnings forecasts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 383-416, September.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A., 2003. "Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 817-850, May.
- Benoit F. Leleux & Veronique M. Matthys & Julian E. Lange, 1996. "Pricing High Growth Firms: Arbitrage Opportunities in the Inc. 100," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 5(1), pages 43-60, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:10:y:1982:i:3:p:269-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.