Uniform Pricing or Pay-as-Bid Pricing: A Dilemma for California and Beyond
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alfred E. Kahn & Peter Cramton & Robert H. Porter & Richard D. Tabors, 2001. "Uniform Pricing or Pay-as-Bid Pricing: A Dilemma for California and Beyond," Papers of Peter Cramton 01ej, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 27 Jan 2001.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stadler, Michael & Cardoso, Gonçalo & Mashayekh, Salman & Forget, Thibault & DeForest, Nicholas & Agarwal, Ankit & Schönbein, Anna, 2016. "Value streams in microgrids: A literature review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 980-989.
- Peter Cramton, 2013. "Spectrum Auction Design," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 42(2), pages 161-190, March.
- Natalia Fabra & Nils‐Henrik Fehr & David Harbord, 2006. "Designing electricity auctions," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 23-46, March.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:605-614 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heim, Sven & Götz, Georg, 2013.
"Do pay-as-bid auctions favor collusion? Evidence from Germany's market for reserve power,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-035, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sven Heim & Georg Götz, 2013. "Do pay-as-bid auctions favor collusion? - Evidence from Germany’s market for reserve power," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201324, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Eric Guerci & Stefano Ivaldi & Silvano Cincotti, 2008.
"Learning Agents in an Artificial Power Exchange: Tacit Collusion, Market Power and Efficiency of Two Double-auction Mechanisms,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 73-98, September.
- Eric Guerci & Stefano Ivaldi & Silvano Cincotti, 2008. "Learning Agents in an Artificial Power Exchange: Tacit Collusion, Market Power and Efficiency of Two Double-auction Mechanisms," Post-Print halshs-00871014, HAL.
- Aliabadi, Danial Esmaeili & Kaya, Murat & Şahin, Güvenç, 2017. "An agent-based simulation of power generation company behavior in electricity markets under different market-clearing mechanisms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 191-205.
- Hirth, Lion & Ziegenhagen, Inka, 2015. "Balancing power and variable renewables: Three links," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1035-1051.
- Zou, Xiaoyan, 2009. "Double-sided auction mechanism design in electricity based on maximizing social welfare," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4231-4239, November.
- Hästö, Peter & Holmberg, Pär, 2005. "Some Inequalities related to the analysis of electricity auctions," Working Paper Series 2005:23, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Flinkerbusch, Kai, 2011. "A more efficient procurement mechanism for reserver capacity in the German market for balancing power," CAWM Discussion Papers 52, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Kai Flinkerbusch, "undated". "A more efficient procurement mechanism for reserve capacity in the German market for balancing power," Working Papers 201178, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Holmberg, Pär & Newbery, David, 2010.
"The supply function equilibrium and its policy implications for wholesale electricity auctions,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 209-226, December.
- Holmberg, Pär & Newbery, David, 2009. "The Supply Function Equilibrium and Its Policy Implications for Wholesale Electricity Auctions," Working Paper Series 812, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Holmberg, P. & Newbery, D., 2010. "The Supply Function Equilibrium and its Policy Implications for Wholesale Electricity Auctions," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1016, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mazaher Haji Bashi & Gholamreza Yousefi & Claus Leth Bak & Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai, 2016. "Long Term Expected Revenue of Wind Farms Considering the Bidding Admission Uncertainty," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-17, November.
- Pär Holmberg, 2009. "Supply function equilibria of pay-as-bid auctions," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 154-177, October.
- Holmberg, Pär, 2005. "Comparing Supply Function Equilibria of Pay-as-Bid and Uniform-Price Auctions," Working Paper Series 2005:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie M. Marx & David McAdams & Brian Murray, 2011. "Carbon Allowance Auction Design: An Assessment of Options for the United States," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(1), pages 25-43, Winter.
- Bergler, Julian & Heim, Sven & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2017.
"Strategic capacity withholding through failures in the German-Austrian electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 210-221.
- Bergler, Julian & Heim, Sven & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2016. "Strategic capacity withholding through failures in the German-Austrian electricity market," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-009, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Weidlich Anke & Veit Daniel, 2008. "Agent-Based Simulations for Electricity Market Regulation Advice: Procedures and an Example," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 228(2-3), pages 149-172, April.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:4:p:729-:d:137711 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borne, Olivier & Korte, Klaas & Perez, Yannick & Petit, Marc & Purkus, Alexandra, 2018.
"Barriers to entry in frequency-regulation services markets: Review of the status quo and options for improvements,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 605-614.
- Olivier Borne & Klaas Korte & Yannick Perez & Marc Petit & Alexandra Purkus, 2018. "Barriers to entry in frequency-regulation services markets: Review of the status quo and options for improvements," Post-Print hal-01660219, HAL.
- Olivier Borne & Klaas Korte & Yannick Perez & Marc Petit & Alexandra Purkus, 2018. "Barriers to entry in frequency-regulation services markets: Review of the status quo and options for improvements," Post-Print hal-01660475, HAL.
- Riedel, Stefan & Weigt, Hannes, 2007. "German Electricity Reserve Markets," MPRA Paper 65664, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Müller, Gernot & Rammerstorfer, Margarethe, 2008. "A theoretical analysis of procurement auctions for tertiary control in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2620-2627, July.
- David McAdams & Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie Marx & Brian Murray, "undated". "Carbon Allowance Auction Design: An Assessment of Options for the U.S," Working Papers 10-64, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Vítor Marques & Isabel Soares & Adelino Fortunato, 2008. "Uniform Price Market and Behaviour Pattern: What Does the Iberian Electricity Market Point Out?," GEMF Working Papers 2008-08, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
More about this item
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jelect:v:14:y:2001:i:6:p:70-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600875/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.