Is the entropy law relevant to the economics of natural resource scarcity?-- yes, of course it is!
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech52012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cameron Hepburn & Alex Bowen, 2013.
"Prosperity with growth: economic growth, climate change and environmental limits,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, chapter 29, pages 617-638
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cameron Hepburn & Alex Bowen, 2012. "Prosperity with growth: Economic growth, climate change and environmental limits," GRI Working Papers 93, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Kovalev, Andrey V., 2016. "Misuse of thermodynamic entropy in economics," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 129-136.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech82012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Roma & Davide Pirino, 2008. "A Theoretical Model for the Extraction and Refinement of Natural Resources," Department of Economics University of Siena 537, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- José Manuel Madeira Belbute & Paulo Brito, 2009. "On the Relation Between the Endogenous Growth Rate of the Economy and the Dynamics of Renewable Resources," Economics Working Papers 07_2009, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech72012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayres, Robert U, 2001. "The minimum complexity of endogenous growth models:," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 817-838.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech22012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoang, Viet-Ngu & Coelli, Tim, 2011.
"Measurement of agricultural total factor productivity growth incorporating environmental factors: A nutrients balance approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 462-474.
- Hoang, Viet-Ngu & Coelli, Tim J., 2009. "Measurement Of Agricultural Total Factor Productivity Growth Incorporating Environmental Factors: A Nutrients Balance Approach," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 47636, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Viet-Ngu Hoang & Tim Coelli, 2009. "Measurement Of Agricultural Total Factor Productivity Growth Incorporating Environmental Factors- A Nutrients Balance Approach," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032009, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ayres, Robert U., 2007. "On the practical limits to substitution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 115-128, February.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1997. "A reexamination of the role of thermodynamics for environmental economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 175-201, September.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech12012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Ruth, Matthias, 1997. "When, where, and by how much do biophysical limits constrain the economic process?: A survey of Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen's contribution to ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 203-223, September.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech32012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayres, Robert U., 1999. "The second law, the fourth law, recycling and limits to growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 473-483, June.
- Sjak Smulders, 1995.
"Entropy, environment, and endogenous economic growth,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 319-340, August.
- Smulders, J.A., 1995. "Entropy, environment and endogenous economic growth," Other publications TiSEM 6d717cee-3506-4f14-8a21-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Roma, Antonio & Pirino, Davide, 2009. "The extraction of natural resources: The role of thermodynamic efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2594-2606, August.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech62012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Comolli, Paul, 2006. "Sustainability and growth when manufactured capital and natural capital are not substitutable," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 157-167, November.
- Dodo J. Thampapillai, 2016. "Ezra Mishan’S Cost Of Economic Growth: Evidence From The Entropy Of Environmental Capital," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(03), pages 1-10, June.
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech92012 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:voc:wpaper:tech42012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krysiak, Frank C., 2006. "Entropy, limits to growth, and the prospects for weak sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 182-191, June.
- Kerschner, Christian & Ehlers, Melf-Hinrich, 2016. "A framework of attitudes towards technology in theory and practice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 139-151.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:23:y:1992:i:1:p:91-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .