Time-varying betas and volatility persistence in International Stock markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmed, Ehsan & Rosser, J. Jr. & Sheehan, Richard G., 1988. "A global model of OECD aggregate supply and demand using vector autoregressive techniques," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1711-1729, November.
- Sheehan, Richard G, 1992. "U.S. Influences on Foreign Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(4), pages 447-464, November.
- Ehsan Ahmed & J. Rosser & Richard Sheehan, 1989. "A comparison of national and international aggregate supply and demand var models: The United States, Japan and the European economic community," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 125(2), pages 252-272, June.
- Bernanke, Ben S., 1986.
"Alternative explanations of the money-income correlation,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 49-99, January.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1986. "Alternative Explanations of the Money-Income Correlation," NBER Working Papers 1842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moran, Theodore H., 1981. "Modeling OPEC behavior: economic and political alternatives," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 241-272, March.
- Leamer, Edward E., 1985. "Vector autoregressions for causal inference?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 255-304, January.
- Burbidge, John & Harrison, Alan, 1984.
"Testing for the Effects of Oil-Price Rises Using Vector Autoregressions,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(2), pages 459-484, June.
- John Burbidge & Alan Harrison, 1982. "Testing for the Effects of Oil-Price Rises Using Vector Autoregressions," School of Economics Working Papers 1982-01, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Sheehan, Richard G. & Kelly, Neil, 1983. "Oil prices and world inflation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 235-238.
- Hafer, R W & Sheehan, Richard G, 1991. "Policy Inference Using VAR Models," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 44-52, January.
- John A. Tatom, 1981. "Energy prices and short-run economic performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-17.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kathryn A. Holmes & Robert W. Faff, 2004. "Stability, Asymmetry and Seasonality of Fund Performance: An Analysis of Australian Multi-sector Managed Funds," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3-4), pages 539-578.
- Andrew Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2006.
"Market Risk in Demutualized Self-Listed Stock Exchanges: An International Analysis of Selected Time-Varying Betas,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 239-257.
- Andrew Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2005. "Market Risk in Demutualised Self-Listed Stock Exchanges: An International Analysis of Selected Time-Varying Betas," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 201, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Anders Johansson, 2009.
"An analysis of dynamic risk in the Greater China equity markets,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 299-320.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2009. "An Analysis Of Dynamic Risk In The Greater China Equity Markets," Working Paper Series 2009-5, Stockholm School of Economics, China Economic Research Center.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Hao Wu, 2008. "Forecasting ability of GARCH vs Kalman filter method: evidence from daily UK time-varying beta," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 670-689.
- Gangemi, Michael & Brooks, Robert & Faff, Robert, 1999. "Mean reversion and the forecasting of country betas: a note," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 231-245.
- Yunmi Kim, 2012. "Autoregressive conditional beta," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1489-1494.
- McKenzie, Michael D. & Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ho, Yew Kee, 2000. "Exploring the economic rationale of extremes in GARCH generated betas The case of U.S. banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 85-106.
- Saporoschenko, Andrew, 2002. "The sensitivity of Japanese bank stock returns to economic factors: An examination of asset/liability differences and main bank status," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 253-270.
- Ewing, Bradley T. & Malik, Farooq, 2005. "Re-examining the asymmetric predictability of conditional variances: The role of sudden changes in variance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2655-2673, October.
- George A. Christodoulakis, 2008. "Asymmetric rotation of risk factors in a global portfolio," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(4), pages 391-403, August.
- Zhou, Jian, 2013. "Conditional market beta for REITs: A comparison of modeling techniques," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 196-204.
- Yuenan Wang & Amalia Di Iorio, 2007. "The cross-sectional relationship between stock returns and domestic and global factors in the Chinese A-share market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 181-203, August.
- Reyes, Mario G., 1999. "Size, time-varying beta, and conditional heteroscedasticity in UK stock returns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, June.
- Robert Brooks & Robert Faff & David Sokulsky, 2005. "The stock market impact of German reunification: international evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 31-42.
- R. D. Brooks & R. W. Faff & M. McKenzie, 2002. "Time varying country risk: an assessment of alternative modelling techniques," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 249-274.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 2005. "Time-varying beta and the Asian financial crisis: Evidence from Malaysian and Taiwanese firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 93-118.
- Lestano, Lestano, 2015. "Asymmetric Exchange Rate Exposure in Indonesian Industry Sectors," MPRA Paper 64357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koutmos, Gregory, 1997. "Do emerging and developed stock markets behave alike? Evidence from six pacific basin stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 221-234, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:46:y:1994:i:2:p:101-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .