Police civil liability under section 1983: When do police officers act under color of law?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Eric & del Carmen, Rolando V., 1994. "To have or not to have a handbook: The legal effect of employee handbooks on law enforcement agencies," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-213.
- Kappeler, Victor E. & Del Carmen, Rolando V., 1990. "Police civil liability for failure to arrest intoxicated drivers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 117-131.
- Kappeler, Victor E. & Kappeler, Stephen F. & del Carmen, Rolando V., 1993. "A content analysis of police civil liability cases: Decisions of the Federal District Courts, 1978-1990," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 325-337.
- Vaughn, Michael S., 1994. "Police civil liability for abandonment in high crime areas and other high risk situations," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 407-424.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jcjust:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:42-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eschholz, Sarah & Vaughn, Michael S., 2001. "Police sexual violence and rape myths: Civil liability under Section 1983," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 389-405.
- Lee, Hoon & Vaughn, Michael S., 2010. "Organizational factors that contribute to police deadly force liability," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 193-206, March.
- Dias, Clarissa Freitas & Vaughn, Michael S., 2006. "Bureaucracy, managerial disorganization, and administrative breakdown in criminal justice agencies," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 543-555.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:23:y:1995:i:5:p:395-415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.