Some hypotheses about risk in venture capital investing
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- N. Berger, Allen & F. Udell, Gregory, 1998.
"The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 613-673, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1998. "The economics of small business finance: the roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gavin C Reid & Julia A Smith, 1999. "Accounting for Risk: developing a new research agenda for risk appraisal in high-technology ventures," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9915, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Bock, Carolin & Schmidt, Maximilian, 2015. "Should I stay, or should I go? – How fund dynamics influence venture capital exit decisions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 68-82.
- Andrea Schertler, 2005. "European venture capital markets: fund providers and investment characteristics," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(6), pages 367-380.
- Patzelt, Holger & zu Knyphausen-Aufseß, Dodo & Fischer, Heiko T., 2009. "Upper echelons and portfolio strategies of venture capital firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 558-572, November.
- Terry Dorsey, 1994. "Portfolio Management for Privately-Held Securities: Investment Selection and Performance Measurement," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 3(2), pages 171-176, Spring.
- Carola Jungwirth & Petra Moog, 2004. "Closing the gap or enlarging the pool: How venture capitalist differ in their syndication motives," Working Papers 0023, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Rajeev Goel & Iftekhar Hasan, 2005. "An IT professional’s dilemma: be an entrepreneur or a consultant?," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 17-25, April.
- Amina Hamdouni, 2011. "Impact de la syndication sur la performance des entreprises financées par capital-investissement et sur la richesse des parties prenantes," Post-Print hal-00650456, HAL.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2001. "The syndication of venture capital investments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 375-390, October.
- Hogan, Teresa & Hutson, Elaine, 2005. "Capital structure in new technology-based firms: Evidence from the Irish software sector," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 369-387, February.
- Schertler, Andrea, 2004. "Sources of Funds and Specialization Patterns of European Venture Capital Investments," Kiel Working Papers 1200, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gavin C. Reid & Julia A. Smith, 2005. "Venture Capital Investor Behaviour in the Backing of UK High Technology Firms: Financial Reporting and the Level of Investment," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0510, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Gavin C. Reid, 2002. "Investor Conduct Towards New High Technology Firms: UK Evidence on How Risk is Managed," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0206, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Li, Yong, 2008. "Duration analysis of venture capital staging: A real options perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 497-512, September.
- Schmidt, Daniel & Wahrenburg, Mark, 2003. "Contractual relations between European VC-funds and investors: The impact of reputation and bargaining power on contractual design," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/15, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Li, Yong & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2011. "When are venture capital projects initiated?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 239-254, March.
- Andrea Schertler, 2004. "Sources of Funds and Specialization Patterns of European Venture Capital Investments," Kiel Working Papers 1200, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Gavin C. Reid & Julia A. Smith, 2001. "How do Venture Capitalists Handle Risk in High-Technology Ventures? - some preliminary results," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0107, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Andy Lockett & Mike Wright & Andrew Burrows & Louise Scholes & Dave Paton, 2008. "The export intensity of venture capital backed companies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 39-58, June.
- Asim Mishra, 2005. "INDIAN VENTURE CAPITALISTS (VCs) INVESTMENT EVALUATION CRITERIA," Finance 0507002, EconWPA.
- Li, Yong & Vertinsky, Ilan B. & Li, Jing, 2014. "National distances, international experience, and venture capital investment performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 471-489.
- Block, Joern H. & De Vries, Geertjan & Schumann, Jan H. & Sandner, Philipp, 2014. "Trademarks and venture capital valuation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 525-542.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:6:y:1991:i:2:p:115-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.