Intuition in venture capital decisions: An exploratory study using a new technique
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Lambert Koch & Marc Grünhagen, 2009. "The value of delays: market- and policy-induced adjustment processes as a motivating factor in dynamic entrepreneurship," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 701-724, October.
- Ge, Dingkun & Mahoney, James M. & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2005. "New Venture Valuation by Venture Capitalists: An Integrative Approach," Working Papers 05-0124, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Petty, Jeffrey S. & Gruber, Marc, 2011. ""In pursuit of the real deal": A longitudinal study of VC decision making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 172-188, March.
- Dimo Dimov & Pablo Martin de Holan & Hana Milanov, 2012. "Learning patterns in venture capital investing in new industries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 1389-1426, December.
- Christoph Kneiding & Paul Tracey, 2009. "Towards a Performance Measurement Framework for Community Development Finance Institutions in the UK," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 327-345, May.
- Jean Rédis & Jean-Michel Sahut, 2014. "Entrepreneuriat répété, capital organisationnel et accès au financement par capital-risque," Working Papers 2014-260, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Clarysse, B. & Knockaert, M. & Lockett, A., 2005.
"How do early stage high technology investors select their investments?,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2005-21, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- B. Clarysse & M. Knockaert & A. Lockett, 2005. "How do Early Stage High Technology Investors Select Their Investments?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 05/297, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Woike, Jan K. & Hoffrage, Ulrich & Petty, Jeffrey S., 2015. "Picking profitable investments: The success of equal weighting in simulated venture capitalist decision making," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1705-1716.
- Martí, José & Menéndez-Requejo, Susana & Rottke, Olaf M., 2013. "The impact of venture capital on family businesses: Evidence from Spain," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 420-430.
- Dean A. Shepherd, 1999. "Venture Capitalists' Assessment of New Venture Survival," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 621-632, May.
- Junfu Zhang, 2011. "The advantage of experienced start-up founders in venture capital acquisition: evidence from serial entrepreneurs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 187-208, February.
- Zhang, Junfu, 2007. "The Advantage of Experienced Start-Up Founders in Venture Capital Acquisition: Evidence from Serial Entrepreneurs," IZA Discussion Papers 2964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander Niess, 2007. "Je Ne Veux Pas Faire Ou Je Ne Peux Pas Faire ? Apports Epistemologiques Et Methodologiques De La Philosophie De Paul Ricoeur A La Critique Du Concept D'Agence," Post-Print halshs-00544961, HAL.
- Dawson, Alexandra, 2011. "Private equity investment decisions in family firms: The role of human resources and agency costs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 189-199, March.
- Muzyka, Dan & Birley, Sue & Leleux, Benoit, 1996. "Trade-offs in the investment decisons of European venture capitalists," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 273-287, July.
- Gartner, William B. & Starr, Jennifer A. & Bhat, Subodh, 1999. "Predicting new venture survival: An analysis of "anatomy of a start-up." cases from Inc. Magazine," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 215-232, March.
- Asim Mishra, 2005. "INDIAN VENTURE CAPITALISTS (VCs) INVESTMENT EVALUATION CRITERIA," Finance 0507002, EconWPA.
- Davis, Blakley C. & Hmieleski, Keith M. & Webb, Justin W. & Coombs, Joseph E., 2017. "Funders' positive affective reactions to entrepreneurs' crowdfunding pitches: The influence of perceived product creativity and entrepreneurial passion," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 90-106.
- Christoph Kneiding & Paul Tracey, 2007. "Towards a Performance Measurement Framework for Community Development Finance Institutions in the UK," Working Papers 0008, Gesellschaft für Arbeitsmarktaktivierung (GfA).
- Dimov, Dimo & Shepherd, Dean A. & Sutcliffe, Kathleen M., 2007. "Requisite expertise, firm reputation, and status in venture capital investment allocation decisions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 481-502, July.
- Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J. & Shanley, Mark, 2000. "New venture survival: Ignorance, external shocks, and risk reduction strategies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 393-410.
- Blume, Brian D. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 2011. "Attributions to intuition in the venture founding process: Do entrepreneurs actually use intuition or just say that they do?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 137-151, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:5:y:1990:i:1:p:49-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed