Corporate ventures into industrial markets: Dynamics of aggressive entry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226531083 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venkataraman, S. & Van De Ven, Andrew H. & Buckeye, Jeanne & Hudson, Roger, 1990. "Starting up in a turbulent environment: A process model of failure among firms with high customer dependence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 277-295, September.
- Wood, Douglas & Piesse, Jennie, 1988. "The information value of failure predictions in credit assessment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 275-292, June.
- Gertner, Robert & Scharfstein, David, 1991.
" A Theory of Workouts and the Effects of Reorganization Law,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1189-1222, September.
- Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1991. "A Theory of Workouts and the Effects of Reorganization Law," NBER Technical Working Papers 0103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1990. "Bankruptcy, boards, banks, and blockholders : Evidence on changes in corporate ownership and control when firms default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 355-387, October.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1989. "Management turnover and financial distress," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 241-262, December.
- Laitinen, Erkki K., 1992. "Prediction of failure of a newly founded firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 323-340, July.
- Kenneth Spong & Thomas M. Hoenig, 1979. "Bank examination classifications and loan risk," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jun, pages 15-25.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1985. "Credit Markets and the Control of Capital," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 133-152, May.
- Bruno, Albert V. & Leidecker, Joel K. & Harder, Joseph W., 1987. "Why firms fail," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 50-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Fan, Terence Ping Ching & Tan, Alex Tai Loong & Geng, Xuesong, 2014. "Rapid capacity expansions and failure: A trap for new airline entrants?," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 176-191.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1996. "Technology strategy and new venture performance: A study of corporate-sponsored and independent biotechnology ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 289-321, July.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Garrett, Robert P. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Shepherd, Dean A., 2015. "Value proposition evolution and the performance of internal corporate ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 749-774.
- McDougall, Patricia Phillips & Oviatt, Benjamin M., 1996. "New venture internationalization, strategic change, and performance: A follow-up study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 23-40, January.
- Sorrentino, Mario & Williams, Mary L., 1995. "Relatedness and corporate venturing: Does it really matter?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Shepherd, Dean A. & Ettenson, Richard & Crouch, Andrew, 2000. "New venture strategy and profitability: A venture capitalist's assessment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 449-467.
- Gartner, William B. & Starr, Jennifer A. & Bhat, Subodh, 1999. "Predicting new venture survival: An analysis of "anatomy of a start-up." cases from Inc. Magazine," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 215-232, March.
- Wesson, Tom & De Figueiredo, Joao Neiva, 2001. "The importance of focus to market entrants: A study of microbrewery performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 377-403, July.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Williams, Mary & Reynolds, Paul D., 1997. "Discontinuance among new firms in retail: The influence of initial resources, strategy, and gender," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 125-145, March.
- Tsai, Ming-Tien & Li, Yong-Hui, 2007. "Knowledge creation process in new venture strategy and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 371-381, April.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Mascarenhas, Briance, 1997. "The order and size of entry into international markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 287-299, July.
- Barringer, Bruce R. & Jones, Foard F. & Neubaum, Donald O., 2005. "A quantitative content analysis of the characteristics of rapid-growth firms and their founders," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 663-687, September.
- Sinnathurai VIJAYAKUMAR, 2013. "Growth and Issues of Small and Medium Enterprises in Post conflict Jaffna Sri Lanka," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(1), pages 38-53, June.
- Ratnatunga, Janek & Romano, Claudio, 1997. "A "citation classics" analysis of articles in contemporary small enterprise research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 197-212, May.
- Robinson, Kenneth Charles, 1999. "An examination of the influence of industry structure on eight alternative measures of new venture performance for high potential independent new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Liu, Yi & Li, Yuan & Wei, Zelong, 2009. "How organizational flexibility affects new product development in an uncertain environment: Evidence from China," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 18-29, July.
- Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & McDougall, Patricia P., 2000. "An examination of the impact of initial founding conditions and decisions upon the performance of new bank start-ups," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 253-277, May.
- Bantel, Karen A., 1998. "Technology-based, "adolescent" firm configurations: strategy identification, context, and performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 205-230, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:2:y:1987:i:1:p:29-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.