Ties that bind in business ethics: Social contracts and why they matter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Maitland, Ian, 1994. "The Morality of the Corporation: An Empirical or Normative Disagreement?," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 445-458, October.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1983. "The Structure of Ownership and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 375-390, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Edward Freeman, R. & Evan, William M., 1990. "Corporate governance: A stakeholder interpretation," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 337-359.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Vilanova & Josep Lozano & Daniel Arenas, 2009. "Exploring the Nature of the Relationship Between CSR and Competitiveness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 57-69, April.
- Christoph Luetge & Thomas Armbrüster & Julian Müller, 2016. "Order Ethics: Bridging the Gap Between Contractarianism and Business Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(4), pages 687-697, July.
- Christel Dumas & Céline Louche, 2016. "Collective beliefs for responsible investment," Post-Print hal-01183744, HAL.
- Maria Krambia-Kapardis & Iphigenia Pavlou, 2012. "Competitiveness of Csr Actions: Learning From The Cypriot Experience," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 2(2), pages 54-67, April.
- J. van Oosterhout & P.P.M.A.R. Heugens & S.P. Kaptein, 2003. "The Internal Morality of Contacting: Redeeming the Contractualist Endeavor in Business Ethics," Working Papers 03-15, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Kirsten Martin, 2012. "Diminished or Just Different? A Factorial Vignette Study of Privacy as a Social Contract," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(4), pages 519-539, December.
- Bildstein-Hagberg, Sofia, 2003. "Staging information--financial analysis and the (up)setting of market scenes," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 435-451.
- Cedric Dawkins, 2010. "Beyond Wages and Working Conditions: A Conceptualization of Labor Union Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 129-143, August.
- Thomas Dunfee, 2006. "A Critical Perspective of Integrative Social Contracts Theory: Recurring Criticisms and Next Generation Research Topics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 303-328, October.
- Philomena Leung & Barry J. Cooper, 2005. "Accountants, Ethical Issues and the Corporate Governance Context," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 15(35), pages 79-88, March.
- Ala'Eddin Mohammad Khalaf Ahmad & Omar Zayyan Alsharqi & Hussein Mohammad Al-Borie & Mowaffag Mohammed Ashoor & Abdulkaream Saeed Al-Orige, 2016. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Image: An Empirical Investigation of Private Sector Hospitals in Saudi Arabia," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(9), pages 91-97, September.
- Lauren Purnell & R. Freeman, 2012. "Stakeholder Theory, Fact/Value Dichotomy, and the Normative Core: How Wall Street Stops the Ethics Conversation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 109-116, August.
- Peter Wood & Dariusz Wójcik, 2010. "A Dominant Node of Service Innovation: London’s Financial, Professional and Consultancy Services," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Innovation and Services, chapter 25 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Omer Farooq & Marielle Payaud & Dwight Merunka & Pierre Valette-Florence, 2014. "The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Organizational Commitment: Exploring Multiple Mediation Mechanisms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(4), pages 563-580, December.
- Andrea Matwyshyn, 2009. "CSR and the Corporate Cyborg: Ethical Corporate Information Security Practices," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(4), pages 579-594, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:26:y:2002:i:9:p:1853-1865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .