Criminal choice, nonmonetary sanctions and marginal deterrence: A normative analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eide, Erling & Rubin, Paul H. & Shepherd, Joanna M., 2006. "Economics of Crime," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 205-279, December.
- Crinï¿½, Rosario & Immordino, Giovanni & Piccolo, Salvatore, 2017.
"Marginal Deterrence at Work,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12023, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosario Crino & Giovanni Immordino & Gülen Karakoç-Palminteri & Salvatore Piccolo, 2017. "Marginal Deterrence at Work," CSEF Working Papers 478, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Rosario Crinò & Giovanni Immordino & Salvatore Piccolo, 2017. "Marginal Deterrence at Work," CESifo Working Paper Series 6665, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bac, Mehmet & Kanti Bag, Parimal, 2009. "Graduated penalty scheme," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 281-289, December.
- Bac, Mehmet, 1998. "The Scope, Timing, and Type of Corruption," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 101-120, March.
- Philip Bond & Kathleen Hagerty, 2010. "Preventing Crime Waves," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 138-159, August.
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Png, I P L, 1994. "Marginal Deterrence in Enforcement of Law," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 1039-1066, October.
- Detotto, Claudio & McCannon, Bryan C. & Vannini, Marco, 2015.
"Evidence of marginal deterrence: Kidnapping and murder in Italy,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 63-67.
- Claudio Detotto & Bryan Mccannon & Vannini Marco, 2015. "« Evidence of marginal deterrence: Kidnapping and murder in Italy »," Post-Print hal-01289349, HAL.
- Rosario Crinò & Giovanni Immordino & Salvatore Piccolo, 2018. "Fighting Mobile Crime," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def071, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Harold Houba & Evgenia Motchenkova & Quan Wen, 2011. "Antitrust Enforcement and Marginal Deterrence," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-166/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Friehe, Tim & Miceli, Thomas J., 2014.
"Marginal deterrence when offenders act sequentially,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(3), pages 523-525.
- Tim Friehe & Thomas J. Miceli, 2014. "Marginal Deterrence When Offenders Act Sequentially," Working papers 2014-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- BRYAN C. McCANNON, 2009. "Differentiating Between First And Repeat Offenses," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(1), pages 76-85, January.
- Ognedal, Tone, 2005. "Should the Standard of Proof be Lowered to Reduce Crime?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 45-61, March.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 2009. "Public Enforcement of Law," Chapters,in: Criminal Law and Economics, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Innes, Robert, 2004. "Enforcement costs, optimal sanctions, and the choice between ex-post liability and ex-ante regulation," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 29-48, March.
- Bekkerman, Anton & Gilpin, Gregory A., 2014. "Can equitable punishment be mandated? Estimating impacts of sentencing guidelines on disciplinary disparities," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 51-61.
- repec:bla:scandj:v:120:y:2018:i:3:p:859-893 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bryan C. McCannon, 2007. "An Economic Theory of College Alcohol and Drug Policies," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 38(1), pages 18-36.
- Alexander Klein, 2000. "Jail or Fine - Let Them Choose," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0337, Econometric Society.
- Parikshit Ghosh, 2009.
"Making the Punishment Fit the Crime or Taliban Justice? Optimal Penalties Without Commitment,"
175, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Parikshit Ghosh, 2009. "Making the Punishment Fit the Crime or Taliban Justice? Optimal Penalties without Commitment," Working Papers id:2014, eSocialSciences.
- Harold Houba & Evgenia Motchenkova & Quan Wen, 2018. "Legal Principles in Antitrust Enforcement," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 120(3), pages 859-893, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:12:y:1992:i:3:p:333-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.