Calculating energy-saving potentials of heat-island reduction strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Cooling the urban heat island with more reflective roofs
by Dominique Hes, Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Architecture at University of Melbourne in The Conversation on 2012-01-27 09:21:53
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Radhi, Hassan & Sharples, Stephen, 2013. "Quantifying the domestic electricity consumption for air-conditioning due to urban heat islands in hot arid regions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 371-380.
- Hirano, Y. & Fujita, T., 2012. "Evaluation of the impact of the urban heat island on residential and commercial energy consumption in Tokyo," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 371-383.
- Jim, C.Y., 2014. "Passive warming of indoor space induced by tropical green roof in winter," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 272-282.
- Keirstead, James & Jennings, Mark & Sivakumar, Aruna, 2012. "A review of urban energy system models: Approaches, challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3847-3866.
- Gao, Yafeng & Xu, Jiangmin & Yang, Shichao & Tang, Xiaomin & Zhou, Quan & Ge, Jing & Xu, Tengfang & Levinson, Ronnen, 2014. "Cool roofs in China: Policy review, building simulations, and proof-of-concept experiments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 190-214.
- Qin, Yinghong, 2015. "A review on the development of cool pavements to mitigate urban heat island effect," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 445-459.
- Davies, Mike & Steadman, Philip & Oreszczyn, Tadj, 2008. "Strategies for the modification of the urban climate and the consequent impact on building energy use," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4548-4551, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:882-:d:99606 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kong, Fanhua & Sun, Changfeng & Liu, Fengfeng & Yin, Haiwei & Jiang, Fei & Pu, Yingxia & Cavan, Gina & Skelhorn, Cynthia & Middel, Ariane & Dronova, Iryna, 2016. "Energy saving potential of fragmented green spaces due to their temperature regulating ecosystem services in the summer," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1428-1440.
- repec:eee:appene:v:221:y:2018:i:c:p:148-160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gago, E.J. & Roldan, J. & Pacheco-Torres, R. & Ordóñez, J., 2013. "The city and urban heat islands: A review of strategies to mitigate adverse effects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 749-758.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:2011-2018 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:129:y:2017:i:c:p:138-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:462:d:69739 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hideki Takebayashi, 2016. "High-Reflectance Technology on Building Façades: Installation Guidelines for Pedestrian Comfort," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-9, August.
- Li Li & Xuefei Hong & Dengli Tang & Ming Na, 2016. "GHG Emissions, Economic Growth and Urbanization: A Spatial Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-16, May.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:451-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:226:y:2018:i:c:p:670-681 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Jiachuan & Wang, Zhi-Hua & Kaloush, Kamil E., 2015. "Environmental impacts of reflective materials: Is high albedo a ‘silver bullet’ for mitigating urban heat island?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 830-843.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:33:y:2005:i:6:p:721-756. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.