Averting behavior: Does it exist?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Lanz, Bruno & Provins, Allan, 2017.
"Using averting expenditures to estimate the demand for public goods: Combining objective and perceived quality,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 20-35.
- Bruno Lanz, 2015. "Avertive expenditures, endogenous quality perception, and the demand for public goods: An instrumental variable approach," CIES Research Paper series 36-2015, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Bruno Lanz & Allan Provins, 2016. "Using averting expenditures to estimate the demand for public goods: Combining objective and perceived qualit," IRENE Working Papers 16-06, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Namatié Traoré & Nabil Amara & Réjean Landry, 1999. "Households’ Response to Groundwater Quality Degradation Results from a Household Survey in Quebec," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 52, pages 5-22.
- Gregory Poe & Richard Bishop, 1999. "Valuing the Incremental Benefits of Groundwater Protection when Exposure Levels are Known," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 13(3), pages 341-367, April.
- Peter A. Groothuis & George Van Houtven & John C. Whitehead, 1998. "Using Contingent Valuation to Measure the Compensation Required to Gain Community Acceptance of a Lulu: the Case of a Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility," Public Finance Review, , vol. 26(3), pages 231-249, May.
- Peter A. Groothuis & George Van Houtven & John C. Whitehead, "undated". "Using Contingent Valuation to Measure the Compensation Required to Gain Community Acceptance of a LULU: The Case of a Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility," Working Papers 9709, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- repec:gii:giihei:ciesrp:cies_rp_27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Lanz & Allan Provins, 2014. "The demand for tap water quality: Survey evidence on water hardness and aesthetic quality," CIES Research Paper series 23-2014, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Bruno Lanz & Allan Provins, 2016. "The demand for tap water quality: Survey evidence on water hardness and aesthetic quality," IRENE Working Papers 16-04, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Seo, Misuk & Pape, Andreas Duus, 2011. "Reports of Water Quality Violations induce Consumers to buy Bottled Water," MPRA Paper 28207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, V. Kerry, 1997. "Time and the Valuation of Environmental Resources," Discussion Papers dp-98-07, Resources For the Future.
- Smith, V. Kerry, 1997. "Time and the Valuation of Environmental Resources," Working Papers 97-36, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Armand, Totouom Fotue Luc, 2016. "Determinants of household avoidance behavior to cope with unsafe drinking water: case study of Cameroon," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249333, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- N. Traoré & N. Amara & R. Landry, 1999. "Households’ Response to Groundwater Quality Degradation Results from a Household Survey in Quebec," Post-Print hal-01200915, HAL.
- Jason F. Shogren & Tommy Stamland, 2005. "Self-Protection and Value of Statistical Life Estimation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(1).
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Morisugi, Hisa & Ohno, Eiji, 1995. "Proposal of a benefit incidence matrix for urban development projects," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 461-481, August.
- Cai, Yongxia & Shaw, W. Douglass & Wu, Ximing, 2008. "Risk Perception and Altruistic Averting Behavior: Removing Arsenic in Drinking Water," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6149, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pape, Andreas Duus & Seo, Misuk, 2015. "Reports of Water Quality Violations Induce Consumers to Buy Bottled Water," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(1), April.
- Traoré, Namatié & Amara, Nabil & Landry, Réjean, 1999. "Households’ Response to Groundwater Quality Degradation Results from a Household Survey in Quebec," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 52.
- Mu, Quan & Zhang, Junjie, 2014. "Air Pollution and Defensive Expenditures: Evidence from Particulate-Filtering Facemasks," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt1bz8c9ms, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- John C. Whitehead & Thomas J. Hoban & George Van Houtven, 1999. "Averting Behavior and Drinking Water Quality," Working Papers 9905, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Chiara Ravetti & Yana Popp Jin & Mu Quan & Zhang Shiqiu & Timothy Swanson, 2014. "Air pollution in Urban Beijing: The role of Government-controlled information," CIES Research Paper series 27-2014, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- repec:gii:ciesrp:cies_rp_36rev is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:20:y:1986:i:3:p:291-296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed