Sustainability and externalities: Is the internalization of externalities a sufficient condition for sustainability?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. S. Phillips Shaw & K. T. Adams Shaw & A. D. Read Shaw & A. E. Green, 2000. "Regional variations in waste minimization in England: Challenges and issues for policy development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 297-302.
- Saltzman, Cynthia & Duggal, Vijaya G. & Williams, Mary L., 1993. "Income and the recycling effort: a maximization problem," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 33-38, January.
- Heleen Bartelings & Thomas Sterner, 1999. "Household Waste Management in a Swedish Municipality: Determinants of Waste Disposal, Recycling and Composting," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 13(4), pages 473-491, June.
- Thomas C. Kinnaman, 2006. "Policy Watch: Examining the Justification for Residential Recycling," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 219-232, Fall.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2009. "Municipal Waste Kuznets Curves: Evidence on Socio-Economic Drivers and Policy Effectiveness from the EU," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 44(2), pages 203-230, October.
- Kinnaman, Thomas C. & Fullerton, Don, 2000. "Garbage and Recycling with Endogenous Local Policy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 419-442, November.
- Gorm Kipperberg, 2007. "A Comparison of Household Recycling Behaviors in Norway and the United States," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 215-235, February.
- Scott J. Callan & Janet M. Thomas, 1997. "The Impact of State and Local Policies on the Recycling Effort," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 411-423, Fall.
- Dijkgraaf, E. & Gradus, R. H. J. M., 2004.
"Cost savings in unit-based pricing of household waste: The case of The Netherlands,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 353-371, December.
- Elbert Dijkgraaf & Raymond Gradus, 2004. "Cost savings of unit-based pricing of household waste: The case of the Netherlands," Public Economics 0409001, EconWPA.
- Scott J. Callan & Janet M. Thomas, 2006. "Analyzing Demand For Disposal And Recycling Services: A Systems Approach," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 221-240, Spring.
- Hong Seonghoon & Adams Richard M. & Love H. Alan, 1993. "An Economic Analysis of Household Recycling of Solid Wastes: The Case of Portland, Oregon," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 136-146, September.
- Hai-Lan Yang & Robert Innes, 2007. "Economic Incentives and Residential Waste Management in Taiwan: An Empirical Investigation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(3), pages 489-519, July.
- Timothy K. M. Beatty & Peter Berck & Jay P. Shimshack, 2007. "Curbside Recycling In The Presence Of Alternatives," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(4), pages 739-755, October.
- Jakus, Paul M. & Tiller, Kelly & Park, William M., 1996. "Generation Of Recyclables By Rural Households," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Linderhof, Vincent & Kooreman, Peter & Allers, Maarten & Wiersma, Doede, 2001. "Weight-based pricing in the collection of household waste: the Oostzaan case," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 359-371, October.
- Christer Berglund & Patrik Söderholm, 2003. "An Econometric Analysis of Global Waste Paper Recovery and Utilization," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(3), pages 429-456, November.
- Amy W. Ando & Anne Y. Gosselin, 2005. "Recycling in Multifamily Dwellings: Does Convenience Matter?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(2), pages 426-438, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halkos, George & Paizanos, Epameinondas, 2015. "Environmental Macroeconomics: A critical literature review and future empirical research directions," MPRA Paper 67432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ami, Dominique & Aprahamian, Frédéric & Chanel, Olivier & Joulé, Robert-Vincent & Luchini, Stéphane, 2014.
"Willingness to pay of committed citizens: A field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 31-39.
- Dominique Ami & Olivier Chanel & Frédéric Aprahamian & Robert-Vincent Joule & Stephane Luchini, 2008. "Willingness to Pay of Committed Citizens: A Field Experiment," Working Papers halshs-00289451, HAL.
- Dominique Ami & Frédéric Aprahamian & Olivier Chanel & Robert-Vincent Joule & Stéphane Luchini, 2014. "Willingness to pay of committed citizens: A field experiment," Post-Print hal-01474425, HAL.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:245-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gössling, Stefan & Choi, Andy S., 2015. "Transport transitions in Copenhagen: Comparing the cost of cars and bicycles," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 106-113.
- Levrel, Harold & Jacob, Céline & Bailly, Denis & Charles, Mahe & Guyader, Olivier & Aoubid, Schéhérazade & Bas, Adeline & Cujus, Alexia & Frésard, Marjolaine & Girard, Sophie & Hay, Julien & Laurans, , 2014. "The maintenance costs of marine natural capital: A case study from the initial assessment of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive in France," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 37-47.
- Lázaro-Touza, Lara & Atkinson, Giles, 2013. "Nature, roads or hospitals? An empirical evaluation of ‘sustainable development preferences’," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 63-72.
- Remig, Moritz C., 2015. "Unraveling the veil of fuzziness: A thick description of sustainability economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 194-202.
- Liu, Qian & Zheng, Lucy, 2016. "Assessing the economic performance of an environmental sustainable supply chain in reducing environmental externalitiesAuthor-Name: Ding, Huiping," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 463-480.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental externalities Sustainable development Environmental rights Economic instruments Non-renewable resources;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:10:p:1703-1706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.