Preference uncertainty in contingent valuation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Cleveland, 2001. "Is plant breeding science objective truth or social construction? The case of yield stability," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 18(3), pages 251-270, September.
- Norman Uphoff, 2007. "Agroecological alternatives: Capitalising on existing genetic potentials," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 218-236.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:04:p:567-583_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Zilberman & Holly Ameden & Matin Qaim, 2007. "The impact of agricultural biotechnology on yields, risks, and biodiversity in low-income countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 63-78.
- Odhiambo, Benjamin & Bergvinson, David & Mugo, Stephen & De Groote, Hugo, 2004. "Debunking The Myths Of Gm Crops For Africa: The Case Of Bt Maize In Kenya," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19918, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hazell, P.B.R. & Poulton, Colin & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew, 2007. "The future of small farms for poverty reduction and growth:," 2020 vision discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sen, Amartya, 2000. "The Discipline of Cost-Benefit Analysis," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 931-952, June.
- Elizabeth Fitting, 2006. "Importing Corn, Exporting Labor: The Neoliberal Corn Regime, GMOs, and the Erosion of Mexican Biodiversity," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(1), pages 15-26, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:191-207_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Gowdy & Jon D. Erickson, 2005. "The approach of ecological economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 207-222, March.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & van Meijl, Hans & van Tongeren, Frank, 2004. "Biotechnology boosts to crop productivity in China: trade and welfare implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 27-54, October.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gulati, Ashok, 2002. "Globalization and the smallholders," MTID discussion papers 50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Just, David R. & Wang, Shenghui & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 2006. "Tarnishing Silver Bullets: Bt Technology Adoption, Bounded Rationality and the Outbreak of Secondary Pest Infestations in China," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21230, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ronald Herring, 2007. "The genomics revolution and development studies: Science, poverty and politics," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 1-30.
- Matin Qaim & Greg Traxler, 2005. "Roundup Ready soybeans in Argentina: farm level and aggregate welfare effects," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 73-86, January.
- Svetlana Edmeades & Melinda Smale, 2006. "A trait-based model of the potential demand for a genetically engineered food crop in a developing economy," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 351-361, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aguilar, Francisco X. & Daniel, Marissa â€œJoâ€ & Cai, Zhen, 2014. "Family-forest Ownersâ€™ Willingness to Harvest Sawlogs and Woody Biomass: The Effect of Price on Social Availability," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 43(2), August.
- Kräussl, Roman & Lucas, André & Siegmann, Arjen, 2012.
"Risk aversion under preference uncertainty,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-7.
- Roman Kraeussl & Andre Lucas & Arjen Siegmann, 2010. "Risk Aversion under Preference Uncertainty," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-117/2/DSF 4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kräussl, Roman & Lucas, André & Siegmann, Arjen, 2010. "Risk aversion under preference uncertainty," CFS Working Paper Series 2010/24, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Mimako Kobayashi & Klaus Moeltner & Kimberly Rollins, 2010. "Latent Thresholds Analysis of Choice Data with Multiple Bids and Response Options," Working Papers 10-001, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Pondorfer, Andreas & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2015. "Eliciting preferences for public goods in non-monetized communities: Accounting for preference uncertainty," Kiel Working Papers 2010, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Dale Whittington & Stefano Pagiola, 2012.
"Using Contingent Valuation in the Design of Payments for Environmental Services Mechanisms: A Review and Assessment,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 261-287, August.
- Whittington, Dale & Pagiola, Stefano, 2011. "Using contingent valuation in the design of payments for environmental services mechanisms: a review and assessment," MPRA Paper 32730, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aguilar, Francisco X. & Daniel, Marissa â€œJoâ€ & Cai, Zhen, 0. "Family-forest Ownersâ€™ Willingness to Harvest Sawlogs and Woody Biomass: The Effect of Price on Social Availability," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association.
- Julia Blasch & Mehdi Farsi, 2012.
"Retail demand for voluntary carbon offsets - A choice experiment among Swiss consumers,"
IED Working paper
12-18, IED Institute for Environmental Decisions, ETH Zurich.
- Blasch, Julia & Farsi, Mehdi, 2012. "Retail demand for voluntary carbon offsets – a choice experiment among Swiss consumers," MPRA Paper 41259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lyssenko, Nikita & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2009. "`Been there done that': Disentangling option value effects from user heterogeneity when valuing natural resources with a use component," MPRA Paper 21976, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Apr 2010.
- Akter, Sonia & Bennett, Jeffrey W., 2009. "A cognitive psychological approach of analyzing preference uncertainty in contingent valuation," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 47938, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Voltaire, Louinord & Pirrone, Claudio & Bailly, Denis, 2013. "Dealing with preference uncertainty in contingent willingness to pay for a nature protection program: A new approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 76-85.
- Akter, Sonia & Brouwer, Roy & Brander, Luke & van Beukering, Pieter, 2009. "Respondent uncertainty in a contingent market for carbon offsets," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1858-1863, April.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:47-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Torres, Cati & Faccioli, Michela & Riera Font, Antoni, 2017.
"Waiting or acting now? The effect on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments,"
Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 231-240.
- Cati Torres & Michela Faccioli & Antoni Riera, 2015. "Waiting or acting now? The effects on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments," DEA Working Papers 74, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Raja Chakir & Maia David & Estelle Gozlan & Aminata Sangare, 2016. "Valuing the Impacts of An Invasive Biological Control Agent: A Choice Experiment on the Asian Ladybird in France," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 619-638, September.
- Nikita Lyssenko & Roberto Martínez-Espiñeira, 2012.
"Respondent uncertainty in contingent valuation: the case of whale conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(15), pages 1911-1930, May.
- Lyssenko, Nikita & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2009. "Respondent uncertainty in contingent valuation: the case of whale conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador," MPRA Paper 21969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dekker, Thijs & Hess, Stephane & Brouwer, Roy & Hofkes, Marjan, 2016. "Decision uncertainty in multi-attribute stated preference studies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 57-73.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Shengcong, Xue, 2009. "Mitigating Hypothetical Bias in Value of Time Studies: Lab-Experiment Results," Working Papers 2009:14, Örebro University, School of Business, revised 01 Nov 2010.
- Sauer, Uta & Fischer, Anke, 2010. "Willingness to pay, attitudes and fundamental values -- On the cognitive context of public preferences for diversity in agricultural landscapes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-9, November.
More about this item
KeywordsPreference uncertainty Contingent valuation Polychotomous choice Numerical certainty scale;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:67:y:2008:i:3:p:345-351. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.