Optimization of cycloidal water turbine and the performance improvement by individual blade control
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Phylipsen, G. J. M. & Blok, K. & Worrell, E., 1997. "International comparisons of energy efficiency-Methodologies for the manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 715-725.
- Kenneth Rose & John F. McDonald, 1991. "Economics of Electricity Self-Generation by Industrial Firms," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 47-66.
- Soares, J. B. & Szklo, A. S. & Tolmasquim, M. T., 2001. "Incentive policies for natural gas-fired cogeneration in Brazil's industrial sector -- case studies: chemical plant and pulp mill," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 205-215, February.
- Ren, Tao & Patel, Martin & Blok, Kornelis, 2006. "Olefins from conventional and heavy feedstocks: Energy use in steam cracking and alternative processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 425-451.
- Tavares, Marina Elisabete Espinho & Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Machado, Giovani Vitoria & Schaeffer, Roberto & Mariano, Jacqueline Barboza & Sala, Janaina Francisco, 2006. "Oil refining expansion criteria for Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3027-3040, November.
- Szklo, Alexandre & Schaeffer, Roberto & Delgado, Fernanda, 2007. "Can one say ethanol is a real threat to gasoline?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5411-5421, November.
- Mathias, Melissa Cristina & Szklo, Alexandre, 2007. "Lessons learned from Brazilian natural gas industry reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6478-6490, December.
- Geller, Howard & Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre & Tolmasquim, Mauricio, 2004. "Policies for advancing energy efficiency and renewable energy use in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1437-1450, August.
- Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Soares, Jeferson Borghetti & Tolmasquim, Mauricio Tiomno, 2004. "Economic potential of natural gas-fired cogeneration--analysis of Brazil's chemical industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1415-1428, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaohindy, Placide & McTavish, Sean & Garde, François & Bastide, Alain, 2013. "An analysis of the transient forces acting on Savonius rotors with different aspect ratios," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, pages 286-295.
- Grogan, D.M. & Leen, S.B. & Kennedy, C.R. & Ó Brádaigh, C.M., 2013. "Design of composite tidal turbine blades," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, pages 151-162.
- Miller, Aaron & Chang, Byungik & Issa, Roy & Chen, Gerald, 2013. "Review of computer-aided numerical simulation in wind energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 122-134.
- repec:eee:appene:v:197:y:2017:i:c:p:132-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:207:y:2017:i:c:p:78-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Trivellato, F. & Raciti Castelli, M., 2014. "On the Courant–Friedrichs–Lewy criterion of rotating grids in 2D vertical-axis wind turbine analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, pages 53-62.
- Mohamed, M.H., 2013. "Impacts of solidity and hybrid system in small wind turbines performance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 495-504.
- Rourke, Fergal O. & Boyle, Fergal & Reynolds, Anthony, 2010. "Marine current energy devices: Current status and possible future applications in Ireland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 1026-1036, April.
- Schleicher, W.C. & Riglin, J.D. & Oztekin, A., 2015. "Numerical characterization of a preliminary portable micro-hydrokinetic turbine rotor design," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, pages 234-241.
- Goundar, Jai N. & Ahmed, M. Rafiuddin, 2013. "Design of a horizontal axis tidal current turbine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 161-174.
- Mohamed, M.H., 2012. "Performance investigation of H-rotor Darrieus turbine with new airfoil shapes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 522-530.
- Paillard, B. & Hauville, F. & Astolfi, J.A., 2013. "Simulating variable pitch crossflow water turbines: A coupled unsteady ONERA-EDLIN model and streamtube model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, pages 209-217.
- Li, Chao & Zhu, Songye & Xu, You-lin & Xiao, Yiqing, 2013. "2.5D large eddy simulation of vertical axis wind turbine in consideration of high angle of attack flow," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, pages 317-330.
- Bakhshandeh Rostami, Ali & Fernandes, Antonio Carlos, 2015. "The effect of inertia and flap on autorotation applied for hydrokinetic energy harvesting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 312-323.
- Yang, Min-Hsiung & Huang, Guan-Ming & Yeh, Rong-Hua, 2016. "Performance investigation of an innovative vertical axis turbine consisting of deflectable blades," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 875-887.
More about this item
KeywordsCycloidal water turbine Vertical axis water turbine Cycloidal blade system Individual blade control Active control of blades Optimal pitch angle variation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:86:y:2009:i:9:p:1532-1540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.