The transformation of business finance into financial economics: The roles of academic expansion and changes in U.S. capital markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Peter & O'Leary, Ted, 1987. "Accounting and the construction of the governable person," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 235-265, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mike Dempsey, 2014. "The Modigliani and Miller Propositions: The History of a Failed Foundation for Corporate Finance?," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 50(3), pages 279-295, September.
- Théret, Bruno, 2011. "Du keynésianisme au libertarianisme.La place de la monnaie dans les transformations du savoir économique autorisé," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 10.
- Ravenscroft, Sue & Williams, Paul F., 2009. "Making imaginary worlds real: The case of expensing employee stock options," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 770-786, August.
- Murphy, Tim & O’Connell, Vincent & Ó hÓgartaigh, Ciarán, 2013. "Discourses surrounding the evolution of the IASB/FASB Conceptual Framework: What they reveal about the “living law” of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 72-91.
- Koehn, Julia, 2011. "From tools to theories: The emergence of modern financial economics," Wittener Diskussionspapiere zu alten und neuen Fragen der Wirtschaftswissenschaft 16/2011, Witten/Herdecke University, Faculty of Management and Economics.
- Heilbron, Johan, 2005. "Taking stock: Toward a historical sociology of financial regimes," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 7(1), pages 3-17.
- Young, Joni J., 2006. "Making up users," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 579-600, August.
- Jennifer K Gippel, 2013. "A revolution in finance?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 38(1), pages 125-146, April.
- Klüh, Ulrich & Hütten, Moritz, 2016. "No more cakes and ale: banks and banking regulation in the post-bretton woods macro-regime," MPRA Paper 72357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:20:y:2017:i:1:p:55-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:esmono:157973 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barker, Richard & Schulte, Sebastian, 2017. "Representing the market perspective: Fair value measurement for non-financial assets," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 55-67.
- Maeße, Jens, 2013. "Spectral performativity: How economic expert discourse constructs economic worlds," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 14(2), pages 25-31.
- Dick Zorn, 2003. "Le triomphe du directeur financier:conceptions du contrôle et accession au pouvoir du directeur financier dans les entreprises américaines," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(4), pages 155-183, December.
- Power, Michael, 2009. "The risk management of nothing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 849-855, August.
- Mika Vaihekoski, 2011. "History of financial research and education in Finland," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5-6), pages 339-354.
- Power, Michael, 2009. "Opportunity out of crisis: Economic sociology and the analysis of risk, regulation and security," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 10(2), pages 3-5.
- Napier, Christopher J., 2006. "Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 445-507.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13729 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fastenrath, Florian & Orban, Agnes & Trampusch, Christine, 2017. "From economic gains to social losses: How stories shape expectations in the case of German municipal finance," MPIfG Discussion Paper 17/20, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2005. "Shareholder Value and Changes in American Industries, 1984-2000," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt82j7915n, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2007. "Shareholder Value and the Transformation of American Industries, 1984-2001," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4r16k6j6, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Williams, Paul F. & Jenkins, J. Gregory & Ingraham, Laura, 2006. "The winnowing away of behavioral accounting research in the US: The process for anointing academic elites," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 783-818, November.
- Anna Wawryszuk-Misztal & Elzbieta Wronska-Bukalska, 2014. "Duties of Financial Director from Board’s Perspective," Human Capital without Borders: Knowledge and Learning for Quality of Life; Proceedings of the Management, Knowledge and Learning International Conference 2014, ToKnowPress.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:11:y:1986:i:2:p:171-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.